Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any way to reference an ability from the character selected in chat tab ?

I have read all the wiki pages about macros and made a lot of tests, but I can't find a way to reference an ability owned by the character you are currently "chatting as" (when a player has the "can be edited and controlled by" permissions on a character sheet, he gets the option of "chatting as" this character). That is, instead of writing @{selected|ability} or @{targeted|ability} in the macro, I would expect to be possible to write @{chattingas|ability} or something like that in macros. Any one having the same need ? Any workaround or insight as to the possibility of having it added by the devs ?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's not possible, unfortunately/

Edited 1514918535
I asked for it in the suggestions forum. I suppose coding something like that is no big deal, but if I am the only one requesting it, I don't put too much hope in it. That, along with the player picture that can't be auto-replaced with character pictures, the displayed names that can't be linked with the character selected in chat, more options of email notifications... all these are a handful of smaller issues that don't seem to be dealt with over time, and I think it is a pity. I have had a pro account for several years a while ago, but quit supporting because the monthly fee felt too high for the usage I had and the features I really used.