Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] Problem with 5e Character Sheets

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could direct me to the right place if I have inadvertently posted in the wrong area... I am currently in the midst of character creation with my players and they are having issues editing their sheets. Particularly when they enter a value in the ability scores. I've given them permission to edit and they can view their own sheet fully, as can the other players, so I'm not really sure what I've done wrong? Also, when I hover over an ability score, Dex in one case, it becomes a different number, then returns to the previous value when the cursor moves away. Not sure if this is a bug or simply what I've done, since I don't have this issue on other games where I am a player. :( I'm a first time GM so am worried I broke something. Could it possibly be any API scripts I have?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Moved to Character Sheet forum Hi Claire, which of the 5e sheets are you using? Also a screen shot of the issue would help to diagnose potential issues as well as a list of the API scripts installed. Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply! And thank you for moving this to the appropriate forum too! :D Ok, so the scripts installed are: Ammo, Fumbler, Status FX, splitArgs, Custom FX. Before I hover the cursor over Dexterity it's 12: After I put the cursor on it, it's 19:
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm, that is odd indeed... lets start by looking at the Attributes and Abilities tab to see if there is a duplicated attribute for Dexterity in there (should be called dexterity_base). If there is, delete that and see if that resolves the issue. If not lets go whole hog on this: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Did you use another character sheet (like 5e Shaped or 5e Community) before using the 5e OGL sheet? Check the Attribute Options under Settings (Gear icon) on the sheet. If Dexterity is adjusted here (like a -7) it will act as you describe.
Ziechael said: Hmm, that is odd indeed... lets start by looking at the Attributes and Abilities tab to see if there is a duplicated attribute for Dexterity in there (should be called dexterity_base). If there is, delete that and see if that resolves the issue. If not lets go whole hog on this: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you! Did all of that and in the end we got it to work in FF, thanks!