Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a simple way to avoid negative numbers in an result?

Hiya! I'm using this macro but when the players roll poorly I would prefere the result to stop at 0 instead of counting down to negative numbers. Is that possible in a simple way? [[ 1d20+@{target|stealth_bonus}-5]]
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Use the keep highest syntax: [[ {1d20+@{target|stealth_bonus}-5,[[0]]}kh1]]
Scott C. said: Use the keep highest syntax: [[ {1d20+@{target|stealth_bonus}-5,[[0]]}kh1]] Great! I was hoping for a simple solution. I can't get the above to function though. Am I missing something?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, sorry, replace the [[0]] with 0d1 or 0d0 or 1d0.

Edited 1515091511
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Ack, I still can't get it to work. I bet it's some sort of evil HTML replacement stuff going on here. I will look it up . Edit: HA! Got it. Thanks so very much for showing me the way Scott! I didn't even know this was possible.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There is all kinds of nifty stuff you can do with the dice:  Dice Reference .
Pat S. said: There is all kinds of nifty stuff you can do with the dice:  Dice Reference . Yep, I actually tried to look in the wiki before coming to the forum - but I'm extremly unmathematical and need hand holding whenever trying something more complicated then 1+1. :D
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I am also somewhat which is why the people that respond to these questions are so awesome.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Happy Rolling