Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advanced Fog of War reveals too much?

Ok, so I have a smallish problem with the Advanced Fog of War.  Best I show my problem with pictures: Here's the map and the dynamic lighting layer: As you see, I drew a few lines along the borders of the rooms Page and Token Settings: And now what I see in player view when I move around a little bit: As you see I marked three spots where I see things I shouldn't be seeing yet. There is a wall in the way. Dynamic lighting seems to respect that (it's shown dim not illuminated, and when I turn of Advanced Fog of War and only have Dyn Lighting on, it works fine). Any way I can fix that? 

Edited 1515143496
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, is your map aligned with the grid? :)
I'm not using a grid, it's turned off.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Advanced Fog of War uses the grid to reveal areas. What you are seeing are areas that are within the same grid square as the areas you wish to be revealed. The two solutions to this are to resize your map so it fits on the grid, or to use regular fog of war to hide areas and then manually reveal them as your players move to them.
Yes I want to avoid using normal Fog of War if possible, which is why I started experimenting with this. Aligning the grid is a good start then, but that won't work for the diagonal walls on the right side of the map. Ok, knowing that it goes by grid, I experimented a little more and made the grid much smaller (0.2 units) and transparent, so I still don't see it but its on now. So it seems to be working like I want now. At least close enough, don't care about a few pixels, just don't want half the rooms exposed by standing next to a wall. Have to check now if that approach has some performance issues. Thanks.