Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Character information being lost

My friend and DM is learning this site, and quite often whenever he makes an npc character and saves it, on a subsequent day he pulls it up, exits out of the character to do something else and all the character information gets erased. this has happened a few times now and he's had to re-input the information and save it each time. please help! (yes things are getting "archived" but the next day he brings it up he has these issues)
If you can have the DM who's experiencing the issue post on here, that would be helpful. It's not usually easy to debug a problem through an intermediary player, as it's likely something specific to their computer. The first thing they should do is follow these instructions: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a>
Good evening Riley D. I am the GM of Erin W. The issues I'm experiencing is saving. It seems that at least with Internet Explorer (I understand it's not the ideal program,as such downloading Mozilla at the same time as writing this) if I don't archive something and close the journal window (IE where all the abilities and statistics are placed) even if I say save changes the changes are instantly erased and I have to rewrite (if you will) every ability and attribute and I frequently close the journal window because I just don't have the screen space to see the journal entry and other things I'm dealing with.. Thank you, Greg.
Greg, I think downloading Firefox is a great first step. If you still encounter the issue after using Firefox, then please get us a console log (Step 4 in that document I linked above) and that will help us investigate further. Sorry for any trouble you've been experiencing thus far!
Thank you for your concern. Roll20 seems to be working much better using firefox (as your team recommends), but thank you for dealing with me. I find myself wishing I had the funding to become a supporter but at this time I am unable. On that note I am very happy with the available product for the free to play. Thank you again Greg