Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What to buy as a gift?

Hi guys! Was thinking of getting some stuff off the marketplace for our hard working GM.  Thing is, I don't know what he already owns!  What if I buy something for him he already owns?   Any way to see a list of what they already own before we go to gift them it?  
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
No, there isn't. Instead of buying him something, you could just girt him a specific amount and let him know that you enjoy his game and wish for him to use the gift to buy something he wants on roll20 but doesn't have. It falls along the lines of getting cash for christmas instead of a gift that might not be what you wanted.
That would be gifted through some means outside Roll20. Right now, gift amounts on Roll20 can only be used for subscriptions.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Rabulias said: That would be gifted through some means outside Roll20. Right now, gift amounts on Roll20 can only be used for subscriptions. Doh, I forgot about that.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe that attempting to buy a pack for a user that they already own will 'fail' and give a reason of it already being in their library... can't find the info to back that up right now however, will keep looking for confirmation...
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
My suggestion would be to pick up a pack that is recently put out on the marketplace. Its unlikely that he would have it immediately and gives you a chance to give him something nice. New stuff typically comes out on monday or tuesday.
My suggestion: Just buy the guy a subscription. Even a month will tell him that you appreciate his hard work.