Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

NPC packs?

I see a lot of tokens and modules, I don't see any NPC packs (or am I searching for the wrong thing). I'd love a library of dozens (or more) of pre-made NPCs, from 3rd to 15th level or so. with tokens, personality attributes to read, equipment, backstory, feats/skills/spells etc already fleshed out. Enough they could be "central" characters but also could be throw away.  Does this not exist or not possible or am I just dense? 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Something like the old  Rogues Gallery for AD&D?  Probably that would be possible to a degree, provided the content (spells, feats, etc) stuck to either SRD content or public domain content (like backgrounds from other websites).  Would likely be an Addon product. There is something similar in the form of Brass Badger's  NPC Cards: The Court of the Empress .  They're just a Picture, Name, and Description, so not the fully stat'ed token that you're asking about, but still very cool.
Exactly like the Rogues Gallery. And yes, I can already have a website "make" and NPC, give it thin stats. It is the fleshing it out (or them in the dozens) that is time consuming and a lot of cutting and pasting (or dragging and clicking for SRD) that I dislike.  Or even an in-game macro.  Or maybe I am missing a way to import into Roll20 an SRD character to my game that isn't already in another game of mine. Just feels like the one place Roll20 is more work than tabletop.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, technically you'd need to do those things sitting at a table just as much as you do at the virtual table.  There are some API scripts that let you import standard blocks for monsters which I assume would work with characters (npcs) as well.  That requires API access via a Pro subscription of course (or possibly you have it as part of a KS Backer, no idea...).
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
you could make a series of rollable tables with 'options' (distingusihing feature, general size, historic moment, and so on - I play SotDL and the book is full of them for char-gen). Than make a script/macro to ask you a few questions (with random being the default) that you may want to pick from time to time. Have it whisper the info to you. Then later you can, if it ends up being important, look back at chat and add those details to an actual NPC sheet and token. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Sounds like that would be a good area for new Add-On Products to be developed. Pre-generated Characters and NPC's, filled out, with the pic and the sheet, would be neat, like the Rogue's Gallery. There are lots of Marketplace art packs depicting sets of NPC faces or appearances tokens, but, they do not come with character sheets or personality or text descriptions usually. In the Marketplace there are a few Card Deck add-on products which contain "characters" / NPC's with some writing, but it is written on the card images not in a Journal. Example: Elves of Mistvale, LINK: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/32" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/32</a>... The only area in Marketplace that currently has statted-out Characters and NPC's with filled-in text, is the Module section. Most modules have some pre-gen or pre-filled characters, either playable as PC or used as NPC. These could be used as sources of NPC's, but you're getting a lot more than just the NPC's when you purchase a module. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search/?keyw" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search/?keyw</a>... It would be interesting to figure out which Modules have the highest number of useable NPC's.