Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google Hangout, and other A/V options with Roll20

Hello. Can someone explain me how use hanghout with roll20? Is there any wiki about this? Thank you.

Edited 1515700719
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is no longer possible as Google discontinued their API integration with other apps. This is why Roll20 is working on webrtc integration.
oh ok. I read in the chat that audio and video are no longer compatible with chrome, so i'm looking for another way for me and my players.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For now, I believe Skype is the go-to for voice and video,and discord for just voice
Gold
Forum Champion
Scott C. said: For now, I believe Skype is the go-to for voice and video,and discord for just voice Discord has a video mode now too. I haven't tried it for video, but they released the video feature a few weeks ago.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
We use Hangouts still... just not linking them together (using two windows). 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
We switched to the Discord Video a few weeks ago.  We had been using Appear.in, but they just limited to only 4 people on their free plan.  We tried to switch back to Hangouts, but had too many problems (seems like Google always starts with a nice product and improves it until it's inferior!). The persistent channel in Discord works great.  We have some real computer challenged individuals in our group and they don't have any trouble.  Some of use are using the browser app, some the native app.  I do have to say that the UI seems like it was designed by an over-caffeinated squirrel, but after you get the hang of it, it's easy enough.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
We had a frustrating 30 minutes of trying to get everyone on Discord Video. I think the main problem was everyone trying to troubleshoot at once. I also didn't like the drop shadow at the top of the video feed. Why?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Dang it, now that you said it, I can't UN-SEE IT! It did take a bit of work to get everyone on for us, but it's been pretty solid since.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
By the time my time in the chair comes around again, I'm hoping for a solid WebRTC solution to be in place.
There is an open source video conference site called Jitsi that I have been wanting give a test drive on but satellite internet and data caps keep me from giving a solid test run. Can be used with just browser no downloads and has apps.
I have read you all. So there is no other way to integrate voice and video on roll20 if not using roll20 itself.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not within the same browser window.