Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GM Cannot View Maps Suddenly

So, I have been using a combination of maps I piut together myself and maps from downloaded DnD content just fine for a few months. During our most recent game, suddenly I the GM could no longer see the maps functioning properly. Some maps allowed me to see the map, but the players' tokens all disappeared. Other maps were completely white background with a few grey outlines of buildings here and there. My players could all see the maps just fine even as this was happening to me. They could move their tokens around and even point to them for me and I could see the location marker but not the tokens. Even now as I log in to view the maps alone, I see that many of the maps, both homemade and downloaded, are now unuseable as I cannot see them. Others still work just fine. I have tried logging out and back in a few times, and I've tried just sitting there to see if the pages load but no luck. Any ideas??
UPDATE: I went into some other games where I am a player and now I see that I cannot see those maps properly either...
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
That's odd.  To clear the easy to check stuff first, would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs . Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, starting with table load-in and covering you changing to a few different map pages!) Thank you!
Thanks! ReStep 1. I find that using Firefox I have no problem. I had been using Chrome regularly, and even after logging in through Firefox and seeing that everything still works there, it is still all messed up when I use Chrome.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Alright, then please continue with steps 2, 3, and possibly 4 in Chrome :)
Moving on to Step 4. Thanks.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Since you've started a new thread, I'll close this one to prevent confusion.&nbsp; (Thread continued: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5962525/problem-viewing-maps-and-tokens-in-chrome" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5962525/problem-viewing-maps-and-tokens-in-chrome</a> )