Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Scripts ("ERROR: Access Forbidden")

Edited 1390352943
Greetings, I'm a player of a GM with Mentor, he has given me GM so I can do the more technical stuff (Scripting, figuring out features, and what not.) but the problem at the moment is that I get the error "ERROR: Access Forbidden!" which I guess it because I lack Mentor. On the other hand, I do believe it is implied that the players (with permissions) get access to those features (For that specific campaign). In the past I have had the possibility to play around with the Roll20 API system, but now, I simply cannot access it, even with a GM (Owner) of the Campaign being Mentor, which I have some months helped pay for. I find this a little more than just annoying.s Sidenotes: He has access, can edit, save and create scripts. I also tried to see if I could just edit a saved script, which was not possible either. I also tried to see if I could create, edit and save while he was online, I could not either. EDIT: I am not sure if this is an intended feature, if it is, I think it breaks the concept of a less tech wiz GM getting Mentor, and then getting help from his players, which in turn means he may not get Mentor since he will not personally be able to use the API Script ability without both the Player and the GM getting Mentor.

Edited 1390358078
Gauss
Forum Champion
Not all features are handed off to a non-owner GM. Things like the promoting/kicking players are still completely up to the owner of the campaign. I will check with the Devs if the API is supposed to be campaign owner only.

Edited 1390371070
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nicolai V. said: I am not sure if this is an intended feature, if it is, I think it breaks the concept of a less tech wiz GM getting Mentor, and then getting help from his players, which in turn means he may not get Mentor since he will not personally be able to use the API Script ability without both the Player and the GM getting Mentor. You could do it the other way around, though. Tech wiz gets a Mentor subscription and creates the campaign, then promotes the GM to co-GM status. Whenever tech wiz enters the game session with everyone else, they click "re-join as player". This is what I do in my current D&D 4e campaign I'm a player for. I'm the campaign owner and I add and manage scripts for the campaign, but I'm not the GM and I join as player each session.
Anyone who is a GM of a campaign that uses API scripts should be able to edit the API scripts. It's been fixed.
Thank you very much Mr. Riley.