Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

oh wise Api masters

ok i am sure this is possible but i know the api limitations with a roll table and i am planning on a druid in my game i have a page setup with Tokens for the various shapes. what i would like to do it somehow use this sheet as a basis to maybe token mod to swap the token from this page to the point that my players token is at and back again when the swap forms.  i could in theory load all these tokens on the gm layer and use Bump  for now i have a page setup with all the basic shapes including the sheet that is generated arranged in folder for druid shape by level.  what i would love to be able to do is quick create a roll table with those images already but i feel a lot of work is ahead of me. For now i will opt for some form of swapiping even if manually.    Standard Beast Shapes Level 2: Max CR ¼, no flying or swimming speed (0) Baboon, Badger, Cat, Deer, Giant Fire Beetle, Goat, Hyena, Jackal, Lizard, Rat, Scorpion, Spider, Weasel (0.125) Camel, Giant Rat, Giant Weasel, Mastiff, Mule, Pony (0.25) Axe Beak, Boar, Draft Horse, Elk, Giant Badger, Giant Centipede, Giant Goat, Giant Lizard, Giant Wolf Spider, Panther, Riding Horse, Swarm of Rats, Wolf Level 4: Max CR ½, no flying speed (-) Frog, Sea Horse (0) Crab, Octopus, Quipper (0.125) Giant Crab, Poisonous Snake (0.25) Constrictor Snake, Giant Frog, Giant Poisonous Snake (0.5) Ape, Black Bear, Crocodile, Giant Sea Horse, Reef Shark, Swarm of Insects, Warhorse Level 8: Max CR 1 (0) Bat, Eagle, Hawk, Owl, Raven, Vulture (0.125) Blood Hawk, Flying Snake, Stirge (0.25) Giant Bat, Giant Owl, Pteranodon, Swarm of Bats, Swarm of Ravens (0.5) Giant Wasp, Swarm of Wasps (1) Brown Bear, Dire Wolf, Giant Eagle, Giant Hyena, Giant Octopus, Giant Spider, Giant Toad, Giant Vulture, Lion, Swarm of Quippers, Tiger
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I've got a few shapeshifters in my games, and this is how I handle it. I talk to the player and ask them to give me a list of the shapes they are most likely to take. We revisit the list every time they gain new animal forms. The reason I do this is that they often switch between 4 or 5 shapes and the rest never get used. It saves me a bit of setup if I know that they're highly unlikely to turn into a sea horse. I set up a rollable table for their token with each of the animals we discussed. I set up character sheets for each of those animals (no token needed) and put them in a folder for the player to access. I make sure that the stats are appropriately adjusted so that the player's sheet is correct for their shapeshifted form. I set up a macro with token mod for each animal form. The macro puts a list of potential animal forms into the chat. When the player selects the animal form, their token is rolled to the side with the appropriate animal, it resizes the token and it sets up the vision. I like this way of doing things because it requires only the one API script. It also means that the character stays in the turn tracker when their token changes during combat. Thinking about it, I could probably use TokenMod to adjust HP as well. Hopefully this is helpful! For reference, here's an example of the macro (this uses the OGL template): &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|token_name} }} {{rname=Shapeshifter}} {{description=[Elf](!token-mod --set currentside|1 width|70 height|70 light_radius|60 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Brown Bear](!token-mod --set currentside|2 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Octopus](!token-mod --set currentside|3 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Tiger](!token-mod --set currentside|4 width|140 height|140 light_radius|60 light_dimradius|0 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Dire Wolf](!token-mod --set currentside|5 width|140 height|140 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Elk](!token-mod --set currentside|6 width|210 height|210 light_radius| light_dimradius| light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) [Giant Constrictor](!token-mod --set currentside|7 width|210 height|210 light_radius|5 light_dimradius|20 light_angle|360 --off light_otherplayers @{selected|token_id}) }}
While this isn't exactly what you're looking for, I made a druid shift script a while back. It relies on you making a bunch of characters for each of the forms though (I just copy the MM monsters and name the copy Druid Cave Bear, Druid Giant Eagle, etc). With this method, the druid's token changes to the avatar or the requested form, and also represents it, so a shift + double click will open the sheet for them (the sheet must be assigned ahead of time), and they can use the macros on there. To make it easier, I made some form shifting macros for the druid, as well as reverting macros on each of the beasts (revert to normal form). I also put in some sound effects macros for the beasts for fun. Here's the thing:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5345882/druid-sh" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5345882/druid-sh</a>...
i appreciate all suggestions so far i think i might be using a form of them all. i plan to edit the sheets since they already have a default token set. that the druid wants to shift into and set up a series of sheet ability macros that would most likely trigger token mod. so Each form would get a token action to return the token to there normal form plus all the actions for that animal form. then a series of shift forms on his main sheet plus his normal actions. The question come to mind since i have not used token mod yet. how to trigger a token change from normal player to animal and then from current token to normal. i am thinking to nest application maybe a ?choice1|choice2 that would perform the changes as a normal player token then have the return to default token on each form. in essence the player clicks on a token action on there normal token that triggers a Wild-Shape? dialog box where they can then pick from the drop down and the rest would get handled by API to swap the token. then select token for all the programmed actions including a return to humanoid default token.&nbsp; This player as yet to join so for now i am just getting the leg work done.&nbsp; Right now i just have the forms sheets as created by the MM but i plan to edit them once the player joins and rolls his charater that way the stats will be for there forms.&nbsp;