Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e] Id like to play Tyranny of Dragons with a recurring character.

Edited 1516641475
Character : Goodman Starchild Age : unknown, looks somewhere around 120-200 years old Appearance : 6 ft tall, 212lbs, pale skin with silver hair and purple eyes Race : Elf : High Elf or Shadar-kai ancestry, Class : Wizard : Lore Master tradition Backstory : Goodman was found nearby in a boat that was located in a place a boat shouldn't be,a barn, some trees, possibly on top of a hill. When found, an old woman happened by and he helped her pick up some laundry or other items she carried. She said he was a good man,and that he fell from the sky, and called him Goodman Starchild. Goodman did not know where he was from or how he got there. Goodman has a certain item, that fits a lock on the captain's cabin on the boat. After some time,he was able to get it on the nearest body of water and set sail to try to discover who he was and how he lost his memories. Goodman knows things about magic and believes he once studied in a wizard's college, but can't remember much else. There was a book with a noble crest at the school; a silver dragon rampant. The symbol appears in several places on the boat and in writings in his books. There seems to be a powerful bond between he and the ship and some of the markings remind him of somewhere long ago. Goodman does not like being away from the boat for very long. Goodman has been traveling for awhile now and is starting to remember things about magic. Background : Sailor or Fisherman, etc. Athletics, Perception, Navigator's Tools, Vehicles(water?) The trinket is the key to the boat. As he has a boat, I want to use the alternate feature Dragon Scholar instead of Ship's Passage. It suits his character and backstory. If I could sub a skill it might be for History, from all the seafarer's and traveler's lore he picks up. Optional Feature: Dragon Scholar You have studied dragons and their lore for many years. You can automatically identify locations built or used by dragons and can identify dragons eggs and scales by sight. If you fail an Intelligence check to recall lore relating to dragons, you know something or some book you can consult for the answer unless the DM rules that the lore is unknown. Role : Ive notice this come up in a few games. I want to play him as he is and make Arcana, History, Nature and Religion checks to determine weaknesses and then modify his spells the exploit them. beyond this he is a utility caster and font of knowledge. He brings a reliable and capable means of transport to the party that can be used as a waypoint and resting place with supplies.&nbsp; Some pictures of his boat at this time/level: <a href="http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/Gratis-2.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/Gratis-2.jpg</a> <a href="http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/Gratis-4.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2003/Gratis-4.jpg</a> bigger than a rowboat, so I would pay what is needed to get a bigger boat out of starting wealth. about two rowboats and a wagon and thats starting wealth plus a scholars pack. just big enough for him to live in and get around,&nbsp; I noticed that 5e was toned down in terms of magic items. I really tried to keep that in mind when deciding on the boat and the character. An odd man in robes that rides in on a little boat, who is looking for the keys to unlock his past, and to make some new memories along the way. About the character : Ive been playing Goodman off and on for years in a variety of editions. Goodman is basically the same elf or half-elf wizard I always play in whatever edition or flavor of d&d or rpg I was playing that day, each time a new incarnation of that same character. I would like very much to run this character through a game or two of the official material. I dont really feel like I get an edition of d&d until I have run him. Im currently working on some source material for 5e, but I wont even DM a 5e game until I run Goodman, much less publish.&nbsp; Goodman doesn't talk a lot, he really tends to shadow the party and casts a lot of spells in battle and gets the ship from point A to point B. Goodman is a universalist wizard who may have some sorcerous bloodline. Any Player info you want to include: Ive been playing for over 30 years but Im still getting used to 5e. I turn 40 in a couple of months. I live offgrid and use my cellphone for internet on my laptop. Im building a house here from the ground up while I take online classes in grad school and live off a little money I made on a house I sold. I dont get out much, I like to play RPGs using text on roll20 a couple of afternoons each week.
ah abel nightroad and his enemies the order of the rosencrotes. brings back memory's Good luck with your search

Edited 1516385126
I saw a few episodes, I just typed silver haired elf in the google. I updated the post a bit, I dont mind starting out low level, but it really helps me get the mechanics of a game to run him. Id like to do a run at the unofficial official material and see how far I can get with him in a party that knows 5e. Ive never read any of the official modules, so if someone has run it before, or wants to try their hand at one or more of the dragon related (ToD, HotDQ, etc) material please hit me up as a wizard for your group. Im open to making some changes to him, he has been a generic spellcaster, a wizard, a sorcerer and various other thing. I enjoy seeing how he shapes up in different worlds.