Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeon Tiles: Reincarnated Bug Reporting Thread

Edited 1516837457
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Dungeon Tiles: Reincarnated! Please report any bugs below! Here is a quick FAQ: Why does this tile not perfectly line up? Due to the nature of the print product the tiles were created from, there may be some borders that do not perfectly align. Converting from a few different styles of physical print product to the VTT was a big undertaking, and while we did our best, there may be a few token discrepencies. We recommend setting the background of maps to a neutral color or black. Tiles can also be resized (large areas of water!) and ctrl-drag can be used to make edges line up exactly. How do I add the Dungeon Tiles:Reincarnated maps and tile page to my game? Please check the Addon section of the Roll20 Wiki - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Game_Addons</a> If this does not answer your question, please ask below! How do I see the tokens in my Library? Please check for your answer here in the Roll20 Wiki - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Art_Library</a> If this does not answer your question, please ask below! What are the white triangles on some tokens? These designate rough terrain and for 5E Dungeons & Dragons, designate spots that take an extra 5ft of movement to pass through.&nbsp;

Edited 1516134192
Gold
Forum Champion
Amazing product and stellar Roll20 implementation, Trivia & Team. The "Reincarnated" tiles are an excellent value because of flexibility, reusability, replayablity. Works with any game system not just 5E. Seriously, really --- very great job on producing this, WOTC and Roll20 team. From checking it out so far, I noticed a few minor areas to double check. I installed the 3 Map products via the Add-Ons, and have Pro. The Dynamic Lighting lines look nicely done, and are on all the Pages. Inconsistently, some of the Page Settings came configured with Dynamic Light Enabled, while other pages (that have DL walls) do not have it enabled in Page Settings. Has DL walls but DL is not enabled in Page Settings: The Hag's Purse (City) Fortress Sewer (City) Complete Town (City) Mysterious Sage (Wilderness) None of the Pages has Advanced Fog of War enabled. It is compatible and works if the GM enables it under Page Settings. Of course they are AFoW- ready , as long as the GM checkmarks it. This may be the intended configuration? I wanted to point it out because the Marketplace text mentions: "These maps are filled with Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War for Plus and Pro subscribers." I didn't see a Note about this in the Handouts. It might be worth adding "For subscribers" DL & AFoW basic instructions or wiki links into the "Thanks for purchasing" handouts. The wiki links are conveniently linked in the Marketplace product descriptions. One more small catch -- in the Handout called "Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated City", change the typo "doot" to "door". Thanks again for making this useful art product for gaming!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gold - thanks so much for all those catches! I'll get them patched ASAP (It may be up to Monday depending on dev availability) Doot :x
Bought this tonight. Is there a way to get a page of images of the incuded pieces from each of the sets. I am not really sure what pieces are included in each set. A set of thumbnails for purchasers would solve that.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Tom Henderson said: Bought this tonight. Is there a way to get a page of images of the incuded pieces from each of the sets. I am not really sure what pieces are included in each set. A set of thumbnails for purchasers would solve that. The page on the marketplace is for the bundle. If you click through to the various products in the bundle and scroll down, you can see what is included.

Edited 1516201514
Not a bug but a question are these tiles compatible with using roll tables to auto generate a map altho i am sure that the API img limiation still apllies but on can only hope.&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
Tom Henderson said: Bought this tonight. Is there a way to get a page of images of the incuded pieces from each of the sets. I am not really sure what pieces are included in each set. A set of thumbnails for purchasers would solve that. @Tom and @Brian This set comes with a lot of stuff! There may be more than you realize. It's even better than a set of thumbnails. It sounds like you haven't added the Add-On yet or haven't checked the Pages toolbar. A page with all the included pieces for each set, is included, once you install the Add-On part of the product. Instructions quoted from the Marketplace: Have some further questions? Let’s answer ‘em! I bought the tile set. Now what? You can now access the tiles in your Art Library . To access the token page and premade maps, activate the addon in an existing game. Rollable tokens can be copy and pasted from the token page onto your other maps.
Gold
Forum Champion
lordmage said: Not a bug but a question are these tiles compatible with using roll tables to auto generate a map altho i am sure that the API img limiation still apllies but on can only hope.&nbsp; Yes and No, I think more "not really" or "not exactly" for the question I think you're asking. This product comes with a bunch of Rollable Table map objects, which is really cool. It's something we have not seen in very many Marketplace or Module products before this. But the rollable tables are mostly map overlay objects, not map background floor-tiles. The rollable tables are things like -- example from the City set -- there is a Vendor's stall tent for a market, and it comes with Orange and Purple versions of the awning. You could place a dozen of these in the town square, and then use rollable table method to randomize which stalls are Orange tent and which ones are Purple tent, for a randomized/mixed/urban appearance. There are many more like this, such as Pit Trap Open / Pit Trap Closed, so that you can place a covered pit trap on the map, and when someone steps on it you can switch it to the Open pit appearance. However it is not set up to lay-out a full Page of floor tiles and then randomize to generate a seamless geomorphic map. That may be what you were asking, as there are other dungeon-builder sets in Marketplace that can be made to work that way.
Gold said: lordmage said: Not a bug but a question are these tiles compatible with using roll tables to auto generate a map altho i am sure that the API img limiation still apllies but on can only hope.&nbsp; Yes and No, I think more "not really" or "not exactly" for the question I think you're asking. This product comes with a bunch of Rollable Table map objects, which is really cool. It's something we have not seen in very many Marketplace or Module products before this. But the rollable tables are mostly map overlay objects, not map background floor-tiles. The rollable tables are things like -- example from the City set -- there is a Vendor's stall tent for a market, and it comes with Orange and Purple versions of the awning. You could place a dozen of these in the town square, and then use rollable table method to randomize which stalls are Orange tent and which ones are Purple tent, for a randomized/mixed/urban appearance. There are many more like this, such as Pit Trap Open / Pit Trap Closed, so that you can place a covered pit trap on the map, and when someone steps on it you can switch it to the Open pit appearance. However it is not set up to lay-out a full Page of floor tiles and then randomize to generate a seamless geomorphic map. That may be what you were asking, as there are other dungeon-builder sets in Marketplace that can be made to work that way. you both answered the main question and helped refine the unknown question as a result thanks. Yes i was asking about the latter item but the first was helpfull just the same

Edited 1516289798
The map tokens have their grid sizes listed, like 4x4, but when I drag it and place it on the map, it auto sets to 3x3, then I have to adjust it.&nbsp; When doing this 100 or more times to set up maps for campaigns, that gets very repetitive.&nbsp; Is there a way to set the default token sizes to what is listed in the library?&nbsp; Ex: a 4x4 token when placed is 4x4. Edit:&nbsp; I'd prefer not to have to use API for this.&nbsp; I'm not fluent with API at all.&nbsp; I struggled with setting up the ammo tracking API that is "one click install"

Edited 1516296021
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Watoni - Currently there is not a way to "set" the drag-to size on the tabletop. That is a suggestion the dev team knows about, however!&nbsp; The issue with dragging to the VTT is one of the reasons I made sure to create a Map Token Page in the addon that's included with the tileset: so folks can copy and paste tiles that are already sized to the correct dimensions.&nbsp; As a side note: When creating the sample maps included in the addon, I would make a huuuuge map, copy all the tiles from the tile page onto my map page, and then delete out the ones I wasn't going to use. It was much easier to copy from the same page and build that way.&nbsp; Let me know if you have any other questions! Also thank you Gold for your awesome answers above :)
@Brian C. & @Gold thank you for the information These sets are much better than I first assumed. I expect I will get considerable use out of them. Excellent addon work!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rob - If you click on each item individually the bundle, you will be able to see previews. I'll link some examples: Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: City (Tiles) -&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2212/dun" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2212/dun</a>... Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: Dungeon (Maps) - <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/23" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/23</a>... The way bundles work in the marketplace doesn't allow us to show the previews that each item does, but we have included them on each product page :) Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Hi there. I have these odd triangle watermarks on random tiles for no reason. Is there a way to remove them?
Shahen M. said: Hi there. I have these odd triangle watermarks on random tiles for no reason. Is there a way to remove them? could you post an example.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The triangles are to designate rough terrain, it should take 10ft of movement to pass through that tile :)
Oh ok, good to know, thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Of course! I updated the main FAQ with this answer as well to help future users :)
I am likely be a total newb about this and am not thinking it's a bug but just need to check - what do that coloured circles on the maps represent? For example:
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Claire: Those represent rollable tokens in the premade maps. If you right click on those map pieces and go to "choose side" they can be flipped on the fly to different images for doors, traps, and other features we included in this set :) The orange circles are on the GM layer only, so the tokens are easy to find for those looking for them. They're hard to pick out otherwise!