Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro to compare Results vs Dcs

Oh hey, it spawned me back up here to type... This SHOULD be the 1st sentence of this post.>So ran into something interesting... What's a good Macro that can compare something like.... Idk(and when I hit enter the cursor just goes here)(Now it goes here. Sigh).... Wierd Bug..ANYWAYS!! I have players that can attack 20 times and I have NPCs that can do the same. Is there a macro that can compare a ton of dice to figure out how many dices actually pass whatever DC I want? Like input values where I press a button and it'll auto calculate Ex: 20 Reflex Saves against 20 Attacks. I noticed that each Die roll does not take Bonus Modifiers (Ex: 5D20+5  Not every die roll will get +5) So it's a bit tricky.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to roll multiple dice with bonuses against the same target, I think you might need to rewrite the order. If you're rolling d20+5 vs a DC of 12, this is the same as rolling d20 vs a DC of 12-5. So you can write it as follows: /r ?{How Many Rolls|1}d20>[[?{DC|10}-?{Save Bonus|0}]] I'd replace those queries with stats where possible, like: /r ?{How Many Rolls|1}d20>[[@{spell_DC}-@{selected|REFlex-save}]] But either way it's pretty awkward, and you need to have the macros set up ahead of time. Often, it might just be quicker to roll a single macro 5 times or whatever. All that said, you are a pro user, so you can use a script to do this much more easily. There's a  groupcheck script that automates this, and will even apply the damage individually to the affected tokens.
G G said: If you want to roll multiple dice with bonuses against the same target, I think you might need to rewrite the order. If you're rolling d20+5 vs a DC of 12, this is the same as rolling d20 vs a DC of 12-5. So you can write it as follows: /r ?{How Many Rolls|1}d20>[[?{DC|10}-?{Save Bonus|0}]] I'd replace those queries with stats where possible, like: /r ?{How Many Rolls|1}d20>[[@{spell_DC}-@{selected|REFlex-save}]] But either way it's pretty awkward, and you need to have the macros set up ahead of time. Often, it might just be quicker to roll a single macro 5 times or whatever. All that said, you are a pro user, so you can use a script to do this much more easily. There's a  groupcheck script that automates this, and will even apply the damage individually to the affected tokens. Not a single person has disappointment me with comments regardless if it helps or comes to a dead end. Community here is amazing. Thank you and hope I obtain this same kind of knowledge in the future where I don't have to ask so much.