Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding success levels (calculated from attack roll) to damage

Edited 1516639547
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Everyone, I am still working on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG/Angel RPG/Cinematic Unisystem character sheet and I need to be able to add success levels based on the attack roll to the damage dealt by the attack. For example, success levels are calculated as follows: Attack Roll Success Level 9 - 10 1 11 - 12 2 13 - 14 3 15 - 16 4 17 - 20 5 21 - 23 6 24 - 26 7 27 - 29 8 30 - 32 9 each +3 +1 Any idea how to re-use an attack roll to create a Success Level value, that can then be used to add to damage? Currently, I’ve added a note “(add Damage Modifier x Success Level to damage)” at the end of the attack/damage roll as a stop-gap but would prefer a complete solution to have all damage automatically calculated. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. /Matt
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While an equation could be written to fit the table provided, such an equation would need a way to re-use the roll result, which Roll20's dice engine can't do. An API script could do it, but then that limits the number of users that can make use of your sheet.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Brian said: While an equation could be written to fit the table provided, such an equation would need a way to re-use the roll result, which Roll20's dice engine can't do. An API script could do it, but then that limits the number of users that can make use of your sheet. Hello Brian, What if I broke the combined attack and damage roll into two separate rolls, where the user first, rolls for attack, and second, inputs the attack roll value into the damage roll to calculate the total damage? Not using an API script. /Matt

Edited 1516665202
Silvyre
Forum Champion
MattBx8 said: What if I broke the combined attack and damage roll into two separate rolls, where the user first, rolls for attack, and second, inputs the attack roll value into the damage roll to calculate the total damage? Not using an API script. That can definitely be done. Here's a macro that does so: Success Level: [[ [[{?{Attack Roll|9}, 0}>9 * {?{Attack Roll}, 18}<17 * ceil((?{Attack Roll} - 8) / 2) + {?{Attack Roll}, 0}>18 * (4 + ceil((?{Attack Roll} - 17) / 3))]] ]]