Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Using Dynamic Lightning with Line of Sight without yielding the token control to players

As I manage many players and token position and rotation is very important during combats, I feel like having to yield control of the tokens to the players in order to be able to use the Line of Sight feature properly can get messy. I know that tokens cannot trespass a lightning layer wall, but that's not useful for my case. Also, same for the Advanced Fog of War feature. Is there some workaround or mechanic in order to avoid yielding the control? Isn't possible for the developers to set the lightning and AFW features apart from the Control & Edit Character field? It would be a really helpful feature and wouldn't ruin the experience for DMs that use it as it is now.
Buff, I was tempted to test the service but knowing my players... maybe not. They wouldn't stop moving the tokens. It is already total anarchy just with the drawing pen...
I need this too, I had some troubles with some players...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .