Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Star Trek Adventures Official Sheet by Roll20 v1.0

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Here are some quick How-To's for our new official sheet: To roll a task, click on the Attribute and Discipline you will be using. Set any additional conditions such as Focus Used , Complication Range , and the number of d20s you wish to roll, then click the button next to Task Roll . For Challenge dice you can input the number of dice you wish to roll. This is currently supports up to 40 dice. The roll template will display a 1 for a single hit, 2 for two hits, nothing in the case of a 3 or 4, and a chevron for a 5 & 6. The italic print under the dice will indicate how many d6s were rolled as challenge dice. This should match your input. It is possible to roll and the template to return no results displayed. This indicates blanks were rolled on each dice. Stress & Shields bubbles are auto calculated when Fitness & Security or Structure & Security are changed. You can fill them in as needed by clicking on the bubbles. To reset them so none are filled in click the word in the relative header such as "Stress". The headers for Determination , Momentum , and Breaches  will also reset their selective bubbles. Personnel & Ship Weapons will automatically add Security to the number you enter into the input. Scale is not added into the roll formula in the case of ship energy weapons. You will want to add scale into the weapon damage input. (edited) Please post any bug reports for this sheet to this thread. Happy Gaming!
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Its a shame that you couldn't merge davids work on his star trek 2d20 sheet into this one after all the work he has put into his version Rob
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Rob, When Roll20 releases a character sheet for a game system, it is because a licensing deal has been reached and we've agreed to develop and continuously support the system in-house. Using community content in a licensed sheet is not part of any of our current agreements, and would also be unfair to the community contributors unless they were brought on in an official capacity. The Roll20 team releasing an official sheet is in no way intended to undermine any of the incredible work community contributors have done, and it's a well known possibility that we may release in-house created, officially supported sheets for any system. Official sheets and community created sheets often work hand in hand - we see plenty of folks use community sheets when there is an official one available. Keeping the options open for more specialized, simple, or other unique problem solving sheets is really important to us :)
Hi! Will there also be other official sheets from modiphious? like Mutant Chronicles & Conan? /Ian
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Ian - We are unable to discuss any possible future products with our licensing partners at this time. 

Edited 1516910664
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
The only problem with this is that some fans of a game may feel that if they spend hours/days/weeks/months creating a sheet for a game that at the time is not official and then only to find that their time has been wasted as roll20 then suddenly releases an official version of that sheet , i for one was looking at doing a john carter of mars 2d20 sheet as the new quick start has been released but i don't think i will bother now as i don't want to waste my time working on something that would be surpassed by an official sheet at some point in the future. Rob
How did you implement the Challenge Dice without the use of a rollable table? Rolling for damage just seems to call for a @{damage} stat, but I can't find the script that would calculate @{damage}.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Thomas, The roll template evaluates each d6 that is rolled for Challenge Dice. For each dice the template will display a 1, 2, chevron (5 & 6), or no result (3 & 4). For damage calculations there is a hidden attribute, @{damageRoll}. This attribute is the sum of the @{weapon_damage} input you manually enter plus Security . Its a best practice after changing a Challenge Dice input to click outside of the input before rolling to ensure the script updates. These attributes are part of a repeating field which will result in them having a prefix so @{damageRoll} will not be one you can easily use in a macro. If you're looking for the script in the code itself it starts on line 1416. Let me know if you need more details. :)
Is there any plans to update the game search function to include Star Trek Adventures? As it's currently not listed at the moment and it's kind of hard to search around for any games that may be running.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rob - Nolan covered some of your concerns today in the Community Roundtable which you can see here:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222613363" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222613363</a> Jake - Good catch! I'm escalating that now and it should be fixed shortly
I've discovered a glitch. The moment I click on a Stress or Shields bubble to mark it as applied, it instantly sets all the stress_enabled attributes or shields_enabled attributes to false and the bubbles disappear from the character sheet.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello DM, Are you clicking on the Stress or Shield bubbles before settings your attributes for Fitness / Security or Structure / Security ? If you change one of the governing attributes such as Fitness do the Stress bubbles come back? I was able to replicate this when I made a new character sheet and did not change the default starting values.&nbsp;
I'm in the midst of preparing a Star Trek Adventures game, and I'm wondering if there's any plan to add the starship sheet as well as the character sheet?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
OGIHR - Click this dropdown for the ship sheet :)

Edited 1518048677
Matt C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi, I've just run a game using the official character sheets and had a couple of issues. No idea if anyone else has encountered these... My players and myself were using the Chrome and Firefox browsers to play. We noticed that when making Task rolls, there were a number of errors cropping up. The first was that the Discipline names were not updating on the roll template though the target numbers were correct for the actual ones selected on the character sheet. The pattern to this appeared to be that the roll template was showing the discipline used on the first roll made from each character sheet. e.g the first roll made was Control (11) + Conn (4), the next roll was Control (11) + Security (3), this displayed the roll as Control (11) + Conn (3). We also had an issue where if you selected anything other than the default 2 dice for the task roll (e.g to assist in a task, or bought dice from momentum), rolls after that point would only use that number of d20 regardless of how many you selected on the task dice track. It's possible this may be some sort of browser cache based error if my group's the only one that's encountered it. Thanks
Trivia said: OGIHR - Click this dropdown for the ship sheet :) Ah.&nbsp; I had not noticed that this "gear icon" was for accessing page 2, where the dropdown was located.&nbsp; Thank you very much.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Matt C: We are currently unable to recreate your issue. Are you still experiencing it even after clearing your cache? Thanks for helping us help you! :)
I have a pretty simple question about this sheet. Why is it, that the default value for the 6 attributes is 8 and not 7?

Edited 1521055050
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Olav said: I have a pretty simple question about this sheet. Why is it, that the default value for the 6 attributes is 8 and not 7? I thought the average for a human was 8 which is where that may have come from. You are right a 7 would make more sense based on character creation. I'll get a fix in for that. Thanks!
One thing I notice is lacking is a box for Resistance, which would be useful especially for Starships where it's not always just equal to Scale if you have certain Talents. Be handy on the Character version too, especially for cases where people might or might not be wearing armour at any given point.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gaan C. said: One thing I notice is lacking is a box for Resistance, which would be useful especially for Starships where it's not always just equal to Scale if you have certain Talents. Be handy on the Character version too, especially for cases where people might or might not be wearing armour at any given point. I'll add this to my notes! The ship/character sheet in the book does not have a place to track Resistance. Its something I tracked in Talents or Other Equipment sections but I'll put it on my list of considerations when we do an update. :)
I need to update one of my character’s focus but it feels like that part of the sheet is now locked. Did I do something wrong?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Edward T. said: I need to update one of my character’s focus but it feels like that part of the sheet is now locked. Did I do something wrong? Hello Edward! There is a chance you closed the focus textfield. Hover around the far right of the focus area just under the orange header decoration.&nbsp;An orange gear should appear and clicking this will allow you to change the focus textfield.
That did the trick. Duh on me.&nbsp; Thanks

Edited 1523970581
Are there intentions on making NPC ship drop down option, or just options to put that in the PC sheet? How about a blank character dice roller so that the GM can roll what's necessary without necessarily having to create a new character sheet for each random NPC or fo those met on the spot? Also a sheet option for Momentum/Advantage tracking across all characters instead of just on individual sheets. How about a specific place to put resistance for both characters and ships? One final recommendation for now, a way to choose a default colour, the black although fits with the LCARS design looks a bit meh with Roll20s white borders around it.

Edited 1524199169
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Michael! Can you describe to me a bit more what this NPC ship drop down would look like? A scenario of how this would be used would be helpful for me to determine if I can added it to the sheet. :) Adding a blank character dice roller is an interesting idea. The roll template uses a lot of sheet workers to handle the variables of a roll so its not an easy change but I'll look into this. I might be able to help you make a macro in the mean time. Unfortunately I cannot code the sheet to share the Momentum attribute across multiple sheets. One option is putting tokens on the table space to represent a shared pool. Another option would be to link a token to a character sheet shared by all the players. Then set one of the bubbles to the @{momentum} attribute. If they all share a ship sheet that would work as it will have an attribute called @{momentum}. Adding a spot for Resistance is on my to do list! The sheet has a white color scheme. You can find it by going to settings and toggling the right most box under the Sheet Type header.

Edited 1524237561
Hello Cassie, Thank you so much for your response. I threw together this image as a demonstration of what it may look like, please forgiveness for the shoddiness, it of course has no functionality. This effectively means that for ship combat the GM need only look at the one sheet, instead of one for the ship one for characters, it also has the ship systems in the same order as from the books, meaning it's easier to dump the stats straight from the book into your sheet. It occured to me after it would be awesome to have the Range option on weapons as a seperate field so you can just look at that quick and easily. If it's possible to roll the dice for the ship and crew in one roll that would be even better. In relation to the Threat/Momentum tracker, could a Threat variable just be added to a character sheet, much like the momentum so that the tokens could be gauged on one sheet? I made up the below for such a character sheet use, and have the numbers added manually but it you have to remember to copy and paste onto new maps which is mildly frustrating. Perhaps it might be possible if a dice roller is added that that could include the threat and momentum for the group? And I am aware of the white colour scheme, I just meant would it be possible to make an option so white was the default instead of the black?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Michael, Thanks for the screen shot! This is super helpful and I read over the NPC ship rules today. I've added your suggestions to my list for evaluation. I can make no promises on what will be added but we'll see what we can do. :) For the color scheme I set the default in the CSS so unfortunately there is not currently an option to change the color preference for all new sheets on a table. Each one has to be changed after its made but I've added the for consideration to my list as well. Live long and prosper , Cassie
Hey Cassie, I see you've added the NPC Starship sheet and added a resistance fields! That's awesome thank you! Just a couple bugs I've noticed. The Crew Task Roll and Attribute/Discipline have a black background when in white page view. Also I cannot figure out for the life of me why but there seems to be too many challenge dice rolled from the starship weapons, are there any hidden fields I am missing here? Any chance of rearranging the fields on the ships sheets so that they line up with how they look in the books? Again thank you for your amazing work wouldn't be able to play without it!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Michael, Oops on the colors! Those will be fixed on Tuesday. Starship Weapons will roll Security + Weapon Damage (the number you enter manually). What fields would you like to see moved? I try to hold very close to the book. Also you can now set the sheet to use white as the default color. This can be found under Settings -&gt; Game Settings. Thanks for the help, Cassie
Heya Cassie, Thanks for your response. All great news from you! I forgot to mention the NPC Starship words are also black. However if I roll with 3D dice on it seems to roll a lot more than what's supposed to , for instance with a 4 in phasers and a 2 in security it displays 12 dice. Is there some way to add a mouse over to see what the results are? Much like the task rolls? In relation to changing the relay of the systems it's just so they are like the book. As per the above example the departments are right it's just the Systems, you have it like the character sheet which has a strange order compared to the ships themselves in the books. Again thank you for your amazing work. Michael
Can I change the ship profile picture on the sheet? &nbsp;Even if I upload a new graphic?
Just to advise have spotted an issue with the dice roller for anyone doing a assist dice roll from the ship sheet even if the select the 1 dice option it always automatically rolls 2 d20.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Edward, Unfortunately no. Currently its a static image. You could add one to the character sheet itself.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GreatLordd, I'll look into that. Thanks for letting me know.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Michael B, Security will be automatically added to weapon rolls. All you'll need to add into the weapon input is the additional dice to roll. For your phasers 4 & security of 2 example then you'll just add 4 into the weapon input. If the ship has a 2 in its Security that it will be added automatically.&nbsp; --- GreatLordd, Thanks for reporting that bug. I have fixed it and it should go live on Tuesday with the code push.

Edited 1528474174
Hello Cassie, I think you misunderstand what I am trying to say, most likely because I am not conveying it well. With 3D dice turned on I can see what dice is rolled with the challenge dice, this as far as I am aware is the only way to see the actual number results. This works correctly with character weapons and from the task roll option, for example I rolled 5 dice, this is what I saw in the chat and what 3D dice rolled. <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkpiu6360xm2xix/Challeng" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkpiu6360xm2xix/Challeng</a>... Then if I were to use the weapons on the ship with a security of 3 and a scale of 4 (the damage set in the weapon) for the phaser arrays bringing a total of 7 dice to be rolled. In chat I can see three results, however the 3D dice appear to have rolled 12 dice, but I have no idea how to tell which are real or not.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/35pqlyq15qy9fro/PhaserAr" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/35pqlyq15qy9fro/PhaserAr</a>... I believe this to be a bug in the sheet, but would love to be able to mouse over the results and see what the rolls were much like I can with the task roll dice, even the failures. I'm having trouble uploading the images so I have shared my dropbox links. I hope this made more sense. Kind regards, Michael
Hello Cassie, I have now discovered a new issue, it may just be affecting me but every starship task roll is automatically set to for, regardless of how many dice are supposed to being used, from 1 to 5 it will always roll 2. This is affecting every character I have created even those that did not have ship stats to begin with. Kind regards, Michael
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Michael, Thanks for the info. I think GreatLord had this issue as well. My changes were approved last night so the code should be in to fix that one.&nbsp;
Hey Cassie, love the sheet.&nbsp; As mentioned, a threat counter some where would be great but I guess can be handled in many ways, ie scripts, but they only big thing I would request would be a Whisper toggle on all the sheets for the creation of NPCs?&nbsp; Also, todays update seems to have borked the sheets formatting FYI
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Josh, Thanks for the post. I'm going to start work on a little update today. Whisper toggle &amp; threat bubbles will be added. :)
Cassie, you rock!&nbsp; Seems like MANY character sheets were borked by the update lol.&nbsp; Seems like a quick CSS adj fix.&nbsp; Hopefully not too much trouble for ya!&nbsp; Thanks for the hard work!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Josh, I'm working on it now! It was a newb mistake on my part and we'll get it fixed.&nbsp;
No worries... It was a HUGE update.. There was bound to be minor things overlooked.&nbsp; I know you all are working hard to smooth things out! :D I was curious though... With the charactermancer being available to sheet authors and having Modiphius' character creator built on their site, do yall have plans to replicate it on some level using the charactermancer?
Guessing the "borked by update" you mean things aren't lining up?&nbsp; Hopefully any fix won't have me losing any data.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edward T. said: Hopefully any fix won't have me losing any data.&nbsp; The changes required are to the sheets CSS, there won't be any data loss as a result :)
Thanks. Will it just be updated or will there be an announcement here.&nbsp; Also so if you’re taking requests - I see there is now an NPC ship. Will there be a generic NPC?
Any update on when the style errors in Edward T's post above will be fixed or I need to do something manually to fix this? &nbsp; Had a game today and we had a lot of issues understanding what was going on as a result of the style problems.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the delays! I had real life punch me in the face and the style updates didn't make it out the door last week. I have added the pull request for tomorrow's update that will fix all the CSS. Also included are "Threat" bubbles as requested. Adding the ability to whisper rolls to a GM is still on my todo list for the future. Edward T, I can take a look into that. Can you give me a few details of what might help you as a GM? The NPC Ship does include an input for Attr &amp; Disc which can be used to make some generic NPC rolls. This might help in the short term. Michael B, Ship weapons automatically add Security . They do not currently automatically add Scale . So you'll want to add Scale and any additional bonus into the input next to the roll button. Hopefully that was the issue with your weapons rolling incorrectly. Let me know. Would it be helpful if it automatically added Scale?&nbsp; Thanks guys! -Cassie
&nbsp;Would it be helpful if it automatically added Scale?&nbsp; Only if you can easily tie it to the Energy/Kinetic weapon toggle, since Torpedoes don't add Scale to damage.