Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Congrats to roll20

I noticed you guys just made it to the "Green" Subscriber level. Wanted to congratulate you on making a sustinable, awesome, and potentially profitable product. Well done!
Well done !
A BIG hand to all kickstart backers, mentors, supporters, marketplace artists,..., all those who have been spreading the gospel for helping Roll20 get here!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here is some reading regarding the subscriber level: <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/74313939068/where-we-stand-redux" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/74313939068/where-we-stand-redux</a>
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Woo hoo!
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Congraguations, Guys. Well deserved.
+1 indeed! :) For the service as well as the members of the community, it really is an ace place :P (Ok, ok, I apologize for the rhyming, but I couldn't resist)
Gold
Forum Champion
Saw the blog about it last night and wondered when there would be a thread on Community Forums for this! Decided not to start such a thread myself as I don't have the Supporter tag up (although in actuality I have paid with a GM gift subscription for our current Dungeon Master). Many cheers to Roll20 on going full-time job for the 3 leading developers! Hopefully this will continue to grow to the stretch goals (allowing them to hire more help beyond this step, and other big ideas). The one thing I learned is that the yellow-green progress bar at the top does not seem to be tracking dollar-for-dollar like a fundraising thermometer often does. I thought it was a measure of tracking incremental progress that would automatically increase upon new donations, but now I think it is a stationary graphic that is bumped up when the devs feel they have reached the next level.

Edited 1390623977
Gid
Roll20 Team
Gold said: The one thing I learned is that the yellow-green progress bar at the top does not seem to be tracking dollar-for-dollar like a fundraising thermometer often does. I thought it was a measure of tracking incremental progress that would automatically increase upon new donations, but now I think it is a stationary graphic that is bumped up when the devs feel they have reached the next level. Two things about that. Technically, the supporter bar is based on a ratio, not a fixed dollar amount. It accounts for the current number of subscribers and the amount of money needed to support that many users. So Roll20 needs X amount of dollars for this much server service to have Y number of players using our system at the same time. That sort of thing. The mini support bar on the top website banner needs to be updated manually, but (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) the supporter bar on the support page is dynamic. Edit: As an aside: Thanks for all your support everyone! *happy dance*
So seriuosly can't thank the team enough. I'm an ex army guy. Some of my best freinds, people who I have not seen in person for 10 years, are also people I served with. We used to play tabletop together. Now, 10 years later, I can run a remote campaign, with army buddies, a kid I know from england who I game with online, and my younger brother, who is now a 15 years in his service tour. This was not possible 5 years ago. I'm glad the buisness model for this works. Bringing people together through clever tools like roll20 is the kind of thing that makes western civilization worth defending, at the risk of getting rhetoricaly obtuse.
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Very pleased to see the green bar, Gratz to all
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks. It's the gamer mindset when I come on here that makes me wonder about such things as Roll20 fundraising status bar, and forum profile achievement icons. Kristin C. said: The mini support bar on the top website banner needs to be updated manually, but (and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) the supporter bar on the support page is dynamic.
Greg Taylor (Greytale)
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Congrats Roll20 and the team! Awesome work.
Wooo! Congrats :)
Congrats. It's great to see the site thriving!
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yep - noticed the shift in color as well. Congrats.
Chris A. said: Congrats. It's great to see the site thriving! yes it is
Myself along with the GMA give a big THANK YOU Roll20 for giving us a great place to gather and game!