Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] compendium lack of character sheet tab for monsters

I am a plus subscriber and have noticed two issues happening with my ability to use the compendiums. In 5e, the first time I choose a monster, the character sheet is open which allows me to click on attacks to auto-roll for them. However, the second time I try using the same monster, the character sheet tab is no longer available to me. In the Pathfinder monster section, I never have access to the character sheet tab. Can someone from Roll20 look into this and supply a fix on my account. It is very inconvinient not having access to the character sheet tabs in the compendium for monsters. I have tried with both Google Chrome and Firefox with the same results. I can either click of drag the monster the first time, but not a second time. The program won't even let me drag the entry a second time. I have to actually click the entry.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Michael.  Which sheet are you using? On the regular Pathfinder sheet(neceros) you can toggle the NPC page/tab from the settings|sheet configuration|Pages|Is NPC or Monster.  Back on the NPC page, you can drag and drop monsters from the compendium to the "Monster statblock input section".
To clarify: Using 5e game 1) I open the compendium by clicking the compendium tab. 2) I choose the monsters tab to open list of monsters for my players to combat. 3) I drag the "orc" entry onto the screen. 4) The orc sheet opens up with 3 tabs to choose (Bio-info, character sheet, attributes and abilities). The character sheet tab allows me, as the GM, to hover over the attack capabilities (which hightlight automatically as red) and click to have the orc auto-roll to hit. 5) The next time I try to access the orc (whether same session or another day or game play), I am no longer capable of dragging the orc onto the screen. I can only click on the Orc to get "Home>Monsters>Orc" to open which does not have the tabs I listed above and this section is only informational, NOT interactive with the program. This happens with every monster I choose. It is only a one time use and then never accessible again as interactive. In Pathfinder game, I get no interactive screen as described above #4, only tabs #5.

Edited 1517503986
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I can't really speak for the 5e sheet... but it sounds like the token and journal/sheet are not properly linked. Creating a compendium monster/NPC for the Pathfinder sheet; drag/drop a monster to the vtt from the bestiary, this creates a linked token to a blank journal/sheet but it only includes the name of the monster.   Enable "Is NPC or monster" from the sheet's settings page Toggle off the settings page and go to the NPC tab drag/drop the same monster entry from the compendium to the "Monster Statblock Input Section" (located near the top of the NPC tab) and hit the "Parse" button.  This auto-populates the sheet with the creature's stats.  Adjust the token settings as you like, linking bars to hp, ac, nameplate, etc. OR change the "generic" token with something more representative of the monster and adjust "Represents Character" to match/link to the new monster, make my token setting changes, then  Finally use the Edit option of the monster's journal entry to set the default token.  For mooks/minions I un-link the token's bars for easy copy/paste of multiple enemy allowing each to have their own unique HP. more info on the wiki about linking tokens to journals .
So...Opened my Pathfinder game. 1) opened compendium, chose Slag Giant and dragged onto the screen. 2) opened journal, clicked on Slag Giant, clicked on settings, clicked on "Is NPC" (I do not see anywhere "is Monster"), clicked out of settings and went to NPC tab 3) HOWEVER...I click back to compendium and the journal automatically shuts. I have no way to drag from the compendium to the journal. Please advise.

Edited 1517516582
I have figured out a different way in 5e to solve my problem, but still need help in Pathfinder.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
michael k. said: So...Opened my Pathfinder game. 1) opened compendium, chose Slag Giant and dragged onto the screen. 2) opened journal, clicked on Slag Giant, clicked on settings, clicked on "Is NPC" (I do not see anywhere "is Monster"), clicked out of settings and went to NPC tab 3) HOWEVER...I click back to compendium and the journal automatically shuts. I have no way to drag from the compendium to the journal. Please advise. "Is NPC" (I do not see anywhere "is Monster") Hmmm.  What version of the sheet are you using?  Translated sheet maybe? Are you using popped out sheets?  Drag/drop has issues with popped out sheets.  Check your setting from on the sidebar.

Edited 1517781262
Mine just says "is NPC". How do I update to your version? "use window popouts for characters" was already checked.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure you are not using a custom sheet template. Check the game's settings outside of the vtt.  Choose the Pathfinder sheet.  Check the preview image to verify you've picked the right sheet.  Also, you don't want your sheets popped out if you want to use drag and drop.
I checked my settings. I even have "use latest sheet" checked. However, no "is Monster", only "is NPC"
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
michael k. said: I checked my settings. I even have "use latest sheet" checked. However, no "is Monster", only "is NPC" My bad Michael. I was using a "beta" version of our translation file.  It's merely a text difference and doesn't effect the functionality of the sheet. Appologies.