Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

There is no "forgotten password" on player sign-in

One of my players knows of Roll20 only through the player link to my campaign. And he has forgotten his password. Forced to abandon the browser that memorised his commendably secure password, he goes again to the URL for my campaign. Where he gets a log-in pop-up that has no "I have forgotten my password" link on it. When he reports this to me I assume that he means that the "forgotten password" link (which does appear when I log in) is not working, because I am unaware of the difference between a GM logging in to app.roll20.net and a player logging in to <a href="http://app.roll20.net/join/666/gibberish" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/join/666/gibberish</a>
I suggested that the player in question try , where I get a login window with an "I can't remember my password" link. When he tried it he got re-directed to . Poor guy can't log in. Can't do beta testing if you're not logged in.
Ok, so I managed to find half a solution for you :) If, as a player, you go to the main, app.roll20.net and act like you're a GM who forgot their password, you'll be emailed a recovery link, which, if you follow, will log you in, and take you to a landing page that essentially tells you "you're not a GM, you shall not pass!" Now, at this point, you're actually logged into your account. So, without closing the window, paste in the campaign link, and join your campaign. I searched high and low, and you are correct. I could not find any way to do anything to my account as a player. But at least this way he can play in the meantime.
Thanks!
Frank ended up signing up with another e-mail address to play last night.
Sorry about this-- we are aware of it and working on it. Amused by the work around, as well.
This is fixed in the next update. Players will be able to access their account pages to change their password in the same way that GMs can. Thanks!