Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Not Listed

Hey.  So I posted a while back about having an issue with our game not being listed when you searched using the Join Game tool. It is not a browser issue.  We have cleared caches and are using different browsers on different computers in different countries in different languages. It is not only me who cannot see the campaign.  When I notice the issue happening I check with other members to make sure it is not just me The campaign is listed as Active in R20 with a game date in the future. I just checked every 10 minutes for an hour.  Results are as follows: 8:20 AM (Not Listed) / 8:30 AM (Not Listed) / 8:40 AM (Listed) / 8:50 AM (Listed) / 9:00 AM (Not Listed) / 9:10 AM (Not Listed) / 9:20 AM (Listed).  Seems to show about 50% of the time.  To be clear it isn't the entire search that is broken, I get results but I do not get the campaign sometimes.  Nothing has changed between searches. I just left the window open and hit 'find games'.  Nothing has changed in our listing during this time either. It persists and has been a problem for well over a year now.  Just thought I'd give a shout out in case anyone knows what is going on that is causing this to happen and if there is any fix available. Last Thread
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The way the LFG listing show up is that every two hours a process runs that re-creates the list. So, for about a couple minutes the list is filling up with entries and then everything will show for the next two hours before the process runs again with updated results.  If your LFG listing is present, it won't go anywhere and continue to be visible until the cycle begins again, or you do one of a few things that cause it to immediately get excluded, like your game fills up to the number of open slots. However, if that's the case the listing should tell you it's disabled and for what reason.
Steve K. said: The way the LFG listing show up is that every two hours a process runs that re-creates the list. So, for about a couple minutes the list is filling up with entries and then everything will show for the next two hours before the process runs again with updated results.  If your LFG listing is present, it won't go anywhere and continue to be visible until the cycle begins again, or you do one of a few things that cause it to immediately get excluded, like your game fills up to the number of open slots. However, if that's the case the listing should tell you it's disabled and for what reason. So... question about this.  You do see that I checked every 10 minutes for an hour with no changes in the campaign and got different results correct? Every time I searched I checked to make sure the status on the campaign was still active.  It was for every search.  Also if it is a cycle for 'every two hours' how did it change without any changes from the owner of the campaign (who was asleep) 3 times over the course of a single hour?  That doesn't make any sense. At the time I ran the test we had 11 open slots.  During the time the test was run we did not add any new players, change the game time, change any details of the campaign, or remove a player.  Each time I ran the test I hit refresh on the window which showed the campaign details from the campaign and made sure it said that it was active.  Then I searched and it wasn't there about half of the time.
This is most likely the result of either a dns copy on the isp side think something like Google. Cache but local to your isp or thee result of local dns caching issues in the os not the browser 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Your supergroup's listing has shown up every time I've looked for it, using the keywords "Guild Living Campaign" and searching "D&D 4E" games, with a random sampling over 24 hours. Based on how the back end works, and that it is always correctly appearing on my end, my best guess is there something going wrong on your local end. However, if you want to provide the exact search parameters you're using, I'll take another look today.