Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] {One-Shot} The Color Animal Inn (New Players Welcome; No Experience Needed) 2-11-18 10pm Central

Edit: PATHFINDER ruleset We're open for business again! One night only! I will be accepting the first 4-5 people to post here. Pre-generated characters are available; if you join early enough, I can help you make/import your own. -Barth, Bartender and Owner of "The Color Animal Inn" Old Post for information: Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe ? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-regular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. Gameplay will occur on Roll20 Voice contact will take place through Skype. Current VIP List: 1: emrfish6 2: Salicar 3: Tyler R 4: 5: 6: ...and a 1. that I can't get rid of:

Edited 1518385890
About Me: Name: Eric Age: 30 D&D Experience: About 40 hours, all on Roll20. Other stuff about me: I am still relatively new to roleplaying in general so my characters may adopt some of my own traits, like being somewhat reserved. I work as a lab technician and I am a casual gamer. Character Info: Name: Bathern Race: Kenku Class: Monk Backstory:   I grew up in a monastery. I do not know how I got there, but I was told that I had been suffering from an extreme case of amnesia. I do not know who my parents are nor do I know where to go to look for them. My master was kind and always taught me that remaining calm while surrounded by chaos was the best way to overcome the chaos. A clear mind and spirit leads to the best solution to a problem. It is customary at my monastery for people to go on a journey once they have finished their training. One is not allowed to return until they have completed their journey. It is now my turn to follow the custom. I am going on a journey to learn more about myself and my past. Question:   This is mostly just for curiosity's sake, but how long do you expect the session to last?
Howdy Emrfish6! Sounds like you've got an interesting character. I will assign you a sheet to fill in with info when the game opens (approximately 9pm Central). If you haven't got stats already, you may use a 20-point buy or roll in-session. Give yourself any needed basic equipment, armor weapons etc, and we'll discuss details at the time. If you have a token you'd like to use, have it ready to upload, or I will try to find something for you. Assuming enough people show up (I will run with a minimum of 3 players), I expect to game from about 10pm to 1-2am. See you there! Edit: The  Tengu  race is the crow-people of Pathfinder.

Edited 1518387126
Oh shoot, this is Pathfinder?  For some reason I didn't even think to ask what the ruleset was going to be or maybe I just missed the part of the description that mentioned it.  Unfortunately I don't know how pathfinder works so I must withdraw.  I apologize.
You don't have to withdraw; it's easy enough. That's why I advertise for new players! And you didn't miss it; I forgot to say Pathfinder!
I guess I can give it a try then, but it may take me a while to properly pick up on how the ruleset works and may need help making the character sheet.
Show up a little early and I'll be more than happy to help with character creation, and you'll learn how to play as we go. See ya then!
I'm a long time D&D player haven't played pathfinder. I've done ad&d, 3.5 and 5e. I can pick it up quickly I think(DM for most games). Would love to join if you'll have me.
Char. Eldar Embersong Elf Fighter. Eldar came from a tribe of elf's that where magic users and found blades to be primitive. He thought the same.. Then he picked up a blade for fun and it felt like home. He heard the song of steel and never went back to magic. His blade is his life and perfecting it is his life goal. A blade to defend and a blade to write the wrongs in the world. He'll help anyone if he deems it worthy of his goal.  All men are weak at some time in their lives. Eldar protects those who are weak, and uses his strength for others. Strength does not make one capable of rule; it makes one capable of service.
Sounds good; show up a little early if you like, hopefully I can help you and emrfish6 roll up your characters at the same time and it'll go faster! Still room for a few more!
I'm free when ever just sitting here touching up on some api stuff.
I would like to get in on this.  Sad we didn't get to play last night.
Well, we'll get to play tonight! My Sunday Night game is winding down now, I'll be opening the doors shortly...
okay thanks for the update
...and VIP passes have been sent out to those who posted above. Except Tyler R who already has one. Sign up now and get your pass, and I'll help customize your characters! (Late arrivals can use pregenerated characters)
Characters have been generated. A fourth player has arrived. The doors are closing! I'll check again from time to time if anyone's outside, but the game is about to start! Wish 'em luck!