Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [D&D 5e] New player looking for a regular game on Tuesdays around 6:00pm GMT +0

Hello my names Dai aged 51 and i am from Wales, my time zone is GMT +0. New player with very little experiance of D&D or Roll20 around 10 hrs of both in total. I am looking for a long term game on a Tuesday evening from around 6:00pm to about 11:00pm GMT +0. I am looking to have fun and get envolved in the story line, make new friends along the way and  Improve my roll playing and learn about D&D and Roll 20 as i go. 
andrewRedTable
Marketplace Creator
Hello Dai. I'm Andrew - an experienced D&D 5e DM, but just starting out with Roll20, and looking to get a regular game started. We're about the same age, and in the same time zone, so maybe we could get a game going? (And keep a look out for 2 or 3 more like-minded folk.)
Hi Andrew that would be great and will keep a look out for a few more players. I have been watching a few you tube videos and reading the players handbook and was thinking about a Stout Halfling Monk in the vain of Kane (Grasshopper) from the tv series. Got a sort of back story it needs some work though, i will post it below. Not sure if you have a discord account  but here's my contact info if you fancy a chat  Dai#9168 Has a child my parents decided to pack up all or belongings and head out in search of work in distant lands. Unfortunately during the long voyage there was a great storm and we ended up ship wrecked. Everyone perished that day except for myself. Lucky for me I was found by a stranger who looked after me and took me back to his home. Later i found out he was a Monk and the place he took me to was a monastery, thus began my training in the way of the fist. Has I neared adult hood I was told that I had to leave the monastery and was informed that i was to learn all I could from the world outside and further my knowledge in all things thus finding true enlightenment. There was a series of tests i had too complete before i could leave, which included breaking boards, fighting other monks and getting two branding's on both the inside of my forearms the pain was intense but I was able to block it out which enabled me to pass the test. I was given a few possessions to help me on my way. I have noted a few which might be of interest, a Staff, Hunting trap ( Wire snare), Flute and some travellers clothes. I also have a tooth of a cougar which I killed when it attacked a child near or monastery. Before i left the monastery i was told to head to the nearest harbour and look for a ship called The Endeavour.
andrewRedTable
Marketplace Creator
Hello Dai, I like it - your backstory is a great set-up for all sorts of adventures... I've sent you a Discord invite via private message.