Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5e] the problem is that creating a ‘full attack’ macro with a branch point will not produce the fifth attack.

Edited 1518493566
Hello, guys. I am pleased to use the services you provide. Thank you for that. But there is a problem with the macro service. Because this could be an important problem for you.Take a look at it carefully. I'm now running an epic level campaign using your services, but recently I found an error in your macro service. A detailed macro was attached below. FYI, I am using D&D 3.5. In summary, the problem is that creating a ‘full attack’ macro with a branch point will not produce the fifth attack. I told you before, we are playing Epic. This is a big problem, is not it? I've experimented many times, but in a macro without a branch point, the fifth attack is produced without problems. Maybe it's a problem with the template, or you've blocked it from showing the fifth result of a macro with a branch point, so check it out and fix it. The detailed problem you'll see if you actually run the macro I attached. I'll be waiting for your reply. Thanks for making Roll20. I am enjoying it really. Peace! <<fullattack macro>> &{template:DnD35Attack}{{pcflag=true}}{{name=@{character_name}}}{{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }}{{attack1=A1: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} +4[Power Critical] ]] }}{{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }}{{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}{{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }}{{attack2=A2: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-5+4[Power Critical] ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}{{attack3=A3: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-10+4[Power Critical] ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}{{attack4=A4: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-15 ]] }}{{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-15+4[Power Critical] ]] }}{{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}{{attack5=A5: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm5=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}+4[Power Critical] ]] }} {{damage5=D5: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg5=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} <<attack macro>> 1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Flank?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*2[Flank] +?{Surge?|No, 0|Yes, 4}[Power Surge]-?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] ?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] <<damage macro>> 1d10 +2*(@{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability]+?{Surge?}[Power Surge]) +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +2*?{Power Attack?}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This isnt a problem with roll20, its a problem with that particular character sheet. It is probably written just to account for 4 attacks.  Your best bet is to raise a question in the character sheet forum, with the name of the character sheet in the subject title, and try to get the attention of the sheet's maintainers
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
moved to character sheet forum and updated title to increase visibility to the author
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Your macro works fine for me though?:
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Confirm I can get up to 10 attacks using the 3.5e sheet. While not related tot he OP's problem, I believe the 5th attack should probably get a BAB adjustment as well...? ie {{attack5=A5: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} -20 ]] }}{{critconfirm5=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} -20 +4[Power Critical] ]] }}{{damage5=D5: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }}{{critdmg5=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }}
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are asking why the included sample full attack macro doesn't include the 5th attack: that would be because it is base macro only and you should to modify it to suit your character's needs.  By putting in the power crit and power surge and the 5th attack and such as needed for the character's attack, as you have done.  Sadly, my programming skills are not sufficient to create an efficient sheet which will take into account all aspects of everything in the game so I chose to allow you to modify the macros so you can ensure they take into account the features which affect that particular character. If I have misinterpreted what you are asking, please clarify further.
Thank you everyone. Especially for @G G who moved the text to the character sheet forum. @Vince The 5th attack was an increased attack by haste spell. So '-20 at the highest BAB' should not be applied. I applied it just 'the highest BAB' one more. @Ziechael You're right. In some cases, the fifth attack appears on the screen without any problems. But if I create a macro a little longer, I've got the problem.  It is attack of archer of our party using the same macro, and the fifth attack appears properly on the screen. On the other hand,  'longer and more variable' macros cause problems when displaying the fifth attack on the screen. If you look at the damage of the fifth attack roll here, you can see the problem. I'll put the cursor on the area where in trouble. If there is no problem, the result should be as follows. @Diana P For the other characters who created the longest macro, the fifth attack does not appear at all. The hypothesis I think about this is: For macros based on character sheets, there is a problem when I make macros longer. If so, what is the solution?

Edited 1518594493
This is the longest macro in my team. This macro is causing 'the fifth attack' problem. This macro works fine, except that the fifth attack is not represented. &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} @{character-name2}}} {{subtags=attacks with @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador]+@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=Haste: 1, PA: ?{Power Attack?|0}, ET: ?{Eternal Training?|0}, RM: ?{Righteous Might?|0}}}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I didn't move the thread, but my comments did prompt it. The problem with that macro seems to be that you dont actually have a 5th attack in the macro.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
By the way, you can enter modifiers in the macro multiple times. You'll only be prompted for them once. For example, here's how your macro would look with the power attack applied to attack bonus (with linebreaks for clarity): &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} @{character-name2}}} {{subtags=attacks with @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador]+@{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} -?{Power Attack?|0} ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=Haste: 1, PA: ?{Power Attack?|0}, ET: ?{Eternal Training?|0}, RM: ?{Righteous Might?|0}}}

Edited 1518669293
@G G You are right. I made a mistake. This is the fifth attack macro.  - weapon1attackcalc 1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Righteous Might?|No, 0|Yes, 1} +((1-?{Flank?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*2)[Flank] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk]*?{Shock Trooper?|No,1|Yes,0}[Shock Trooper] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon] - weapon1damage, weapon1crit (exactly same) 2d6 +(?{Righteous Might?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*1d6)[Righteous Might] +@{weapon1specialproperties} + [[floor((?{Righteous Might?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*2+ @{weapon1damagestat})*1.5)]][Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +(?{Eternal Training?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*@{int-mod})[Eternal Training] +(?{Flank?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*@{int-mod})[Battle Cunning] +[[ 2 * ?{Power Attack?|0}]][Pow.Attack] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] - attack macro &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} @{character-name2}}} {{subtags=attacks with @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[ 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador]+@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ -5 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[ -10 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[ -15 + 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack5=A5: [[ 1[Haste] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm5=Crit!: [[ 1[Haste] + @{int-mod}[Battle Ador] + @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage5=D5: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg5=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=Haste: 1, PA: ?{Power Attack?|0}, ET: ?{Eternal Training?|0}, RM: ?{Righteous Might?|0}}}
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
If you also want to make it a bit easier to scan, you can put closing brackets on the next line. &{template:Dnd35Attack}{{pcflag=true }} {{name=Stuff }} {{subtags= does bad things... }} {{attack1 etc, etc, etc. It will help you find out where you've done silly stuff. I also suspect that the problem the OP is having with the damage macro is by putting the 2*(modifiers) in here. Especially if there are [[ ]] in it. You could cover up all sorts of calculations.

Edited 1518670727
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Try this version: Attack 1d20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +@{epicattackbonus}[Epic AB] + @{weapon1stat}[Ability] +@{size}[size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +?{Righteous Might?|No, 0|Yes, 1} +(?{Flank?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*2)[Flank] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk]*?{Shock Trooper?|No,1|Yes,0}[Shock Trooper] +?{Additional Attack Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Atk Bon]+ 1[Haste]+ [[@{int-mod}]][Battle Ador] Damage 2d6 +[[?{Righteous Might?|No, 0|Yes, 1}]]d6[Righteous Might] +@{weapon1specialproperties} + [[floor((?{Righteous Might?}*2+ @{weapon1damagestat})*1.5)]][Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +(?{Eternal Training?|No, 0|Yes, 1}*@{int-mod})[Eternal Training] +(?{Flank?}*@{int-mod})[Battle Cunning] +[[2*?{Power Attack?|0}]][Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] Macro &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} @{character_name2} }} {{subtags=attacks with @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=A1: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=D1: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=A2: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} - 5 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} - 5]] }} {{damage2=D2: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack3=A3: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} - 10 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit!: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} - 10]] }} {{damage3=D3: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg3=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack4=A4: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} - 15]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit!: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} - 15]] }} {{damage4=D4: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg4=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{attack5=A5: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm5=Crit!: [[@{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage5=D5: [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] }} {{critdmg5=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{notes=Haste: 1, PA: ?{Power Attack?}, ET: ?{Eternal Training?}, RM: ?{Righteous Might?} }}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: If you also want to make it a bit easier to scan, you can put closing brackets on the next line. That's a great suggestion I'm immediately rushing off to incorporate in all my long macros.