Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

NEW D&D BECMI Campaign starting middle of March

It’s no use trying to figure out why Penundra exists, it just does. Any further speculation is likely to give one a headache, so just let things be, thank you very much. Suffice it to say things just have a way of working themselves out in the end. Penundra spins its way round and round, hither and yon, this way and that not paying attention to much of anything else in the multiverse other than the laws of Conflict: Comedy and Tragedy, Life and Death, Chaos and Law, Order and Entropy, Nature and Technology, and any other opposites you might be able to think of. Penundra sits at the center of the Multiverse, but off by just a hair, since while there are sometimes leaks between probabilities, it missed being the Prime World by thaaaaaat much. I'm looking for 5 players for a house ruled BECMI game starting at the middle of March.  I have over 20 years of experience in DMing and picked BECMI because I had the most fun with it of any of the rule sets I ever played with.  Penundra is a light fantasy campaign (think River of the Dancing Gods by Jack Chalker, the Dragon and the George by Gordon R. Dixon, Her Majesty's Wizard by Christopher Stasheff, or the Spellsinger series by Alan Dean Foster) The first quest involves a lovesick wizard Aladar of the Dripping Vats who has lost his latest creation and desperately needs a band of hardy adventurers to recover it for him.  In the meantime, there is trouble brewing along the western border where the Scaled Ones are preparing another attack from the Marshes of Madness. Emphasis is on role play, not roll play. On a spectrum from chewy (all story telling) to crunchy (lots of die rolls and rules for everything), I'm probably more in the crispy range.
I'm interested. Is any prior experience in BECMI needed, and what times/days are you planning or able to play on?
PMed