Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][3.5/5E][CST] Looking for Weekday Afternoon Game, paid okay

I'm looking to join a game in the weekday afternoons.  I'm in the Central Standard Timezone, currently GMT-5.  Something starting between 11am and 3pm would be awesome.  A paid game is fine but I'd need it to be $40 or under a month. About Me I'm an older player looking for a fun and engaging group of players to create worlds and stories with. I like to be an active participant in things and not merely an idle bystander. Make my imagination explode and I'm a happy camper. I like challenges that make the party think and I tend to tackle problems from odd perspectives. I'm cooperative, easygoing, and not a fan of meta-gaming or arguing rules.  A game with a nice mix of roleplay, combat, and problem solving would be awesome.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey, I'd love to invite you to my game&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6056626/lfg-5e-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6056626/lfg-5e-c</a>... but unfortunately, I don't think I can manage a weekday afternoon. Personally I could run it, but I don't have a lot of players who are available during those times (most of my players are PST). Do you know of anyone else who would be willing to be in a paid game at those times? Or would you consider slightly later?&nbsp;

Edited 1518927067
Madame Architect
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I could probably set a game up. I charge $5/session per player, if you can find the players (3-5 others needed). Otherwise I'll charge you $20 session and I'll find the 3-5 additional quality players to run with. We can run weekly or biweekly, and I'll run a 12pm EST (11am CST) game for you. If you're wanting baby gloves, we'll play lost mines of Phand, if you want something more open world we'll play Storm King's Thunder. If you're wanting more dark and dreary but MASSIVELY challenging, we'll play Curse of Straud. Regardless, I'm open and have the availability. From IMMENSIVE scripting to make the game look and feel easier, playing with a GM with over 5,000 hours of experience in roll20 WILL give you a completely different gaming experience than you are used too. Not only is one session cheaper than going out for a movie, you get to BE a part of something bigger. Most of my games last 3-4 hours. I create an equal balance of roleplay and combat, and add onto the modules in order to expand and deepen the player experience. Here's my expectations. **PLAYER AGREEMENT** This is a document that is meant to be upfront and honest about what I expect from a person as a player, so that my tables are inclusive, inviting, and comfortable for anyone who comes to them. This isn't "legally binding", however I expect you, should you be accepted into this game, to try your best to follow this agreement. "I, [insert preferred name here], agree to the following terms, and will act in such a way as to follow these terms should I be accepted into game. I further understand that breaking this agreement, or acting in such a way to discriminate or bully another player will lead to my unceremonious ejection from the game. I will not be racist, and fully acknowledge that no matter the color of someone's skin, or the culture that is associated with such, they are still people and deserving of respect. I will not be homophobic, because people will love whomsoever they decide to love, be that someone with the same bits, different bits, no bits, or multiple people with multiple bits, or any variation there of. First because they are still people and deserving of respect, and second because it's not any of my business unless I am invited to be a part of that love. I will not be transphobic or misgender those who choose to go by pronouns that they have chosen. I will do my best to give others the spotlight when the focus is on their characters, not talking over them or interjecting at inappropriate times. I understand that D&D is an exercise in collaborative storytelling and the entire group are protagonists, not only myself. I will try, to the best of my ability, to not be a dick to the other people playing this fantasy game with me. **GM AGREEMENT** The purpose of this agreement is so that those who have some idea of what I strive for as a DM and at the table. If I break this, I would hope that someone will call me on these things. I cannot promise I will not make mistakes, but I will do my best to do the following: I will not be racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic or otherwise. I understand the player's right to use the X card whenever they feel uncomfortable, and I will respect the X card and stop whatever is causing the discomfort. I will not take agency away from the players. Even when under the effects of suggestion spell, everything will be as a result of the player's choices.
I've found a paid game, thanks.&nbsp; Still open for a free game in the US afternoons.

Edited 1519184852
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Jesse. I read your post and your profile bio.&nbsp; This part caught my attention, "I'm pretty system agnostic. I don't much care about what the specific rules are--my character would never know them. I focus on roleplay and actions. Outcomes are above my pay grade. :D LGBT-friendly would be awesome." Your perspective sounds like a great fit for my game & I have a feeling you'd be a good player for the type of group I'd like to recruit for next campaign. It's AD&D 2E but using ascending AC and Attack Bonus (familiar to you from 3.5). The classes, spells, items, monsters, come from 2E -- rules references will be provided. I'm widely flexible on character race/species, even ones from other editions. It doesn't have Feats like 3E. We focus a lot on your character and action from your imagination not from a list of feats or rules. The game (Free game) would be on Mondays or Tuesdays, USA afternoon (such as 2:30pm to 6:30pm, Central Time). Send me a PM asking about 2E Weekday games, if you are interested in this opening. Happy adventuring!