Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Deleted API script is still running, chat unusable

Edited 1519037209
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In my campaign "Pendragon Side Game" i was testing a script to send constructed rolls to the chat window. This was a function, "Roller", inside the scriptfile myKAPutilities. Now, whenever I type anything at all in chat, it is attempting to repeat the last roll i sent to the script, and this reports a syntax error in the dev console. I deleted the script, restarted the sandbox, and the issue was still happening (picture below). I then restored the script and renamed the function to roll2Chat, and the eroror is still happening.  So as of now, the campaign is completely unusable. I tried to rollback, but it reported an error that it couldnt restore it. The lines in chat above are from repeated attempts to type in chat. "Roller" and the line above it are outputs from the script before i deleted it. If I type anything in chat, inluding "this is a test", those 2 lines appear and the syntax error shown in the console appears. Edit: this bug was discovered, or created, while attempting to create a script as described  in this thread .
Have you tried clearing the chat archive outside of the game?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wow, that worked. I never even considered that. Thanks, Kyle!