Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Not Sure if Bug or Big Inconvenience?

DLB
Pro
Translator
As a preface, this may seem a bit insignificant, so forgive me there. During game play as the DM, I have many handouts and NPC/PC character sheet up for quick reference (see photo). At the same time, I have to be able to switch between layers and select tools from the VTT menu. However, while they share the same space the very temporary pop-out menu appears behind the more permanently located handouts/character sheets making it impossible to select menu items without relocating the handouts/character sheets to another part of the VTT. This as a one time event is not an issue, but repeatedly in aggregate acts like brakes to game play. So, Is there's a fix to bring the menus to the front over all handouts? Or, merely a "suck it up" and move all your handouts and things? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This may be somewhat along the lines of your 'suck it up' solution but you could  master the  keyboard shortcuts to save having to use the menus directly (or print them out for reference?) You'll likely need to activate the  advanced keyboard shortcuts to be fully free of the pesky toolbar but it can seriously speed up play.
DLB
Pro
Translator
Ziechael said: This may be somewhat along the lines of your 'suck it up' solution but you could  master the  keyboard shortcuts to save having to use the menus directly (or print them out for reference?) You'll likely need to activate the  advanced keyboard shortcuts to be fully free of the pesky toolbar but it can seriously speed up play. Thanks for the tip Ziechael, it's appreciated
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Another option, until this gets fixed, would be to pop those out into their own windows.
DLB
Pro
Translator
Scott C. said: Another option, until this gets fixed, would be to pop those out into their own windows. Thanks Scott C. It was one thing I was playing with also. I appreciate the idea