Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Where can I post a free battlemap for the community?

Just looking don't want to break any rules.
I have seen people post them to the  reddit .
Do we seriously not have a location of the forum for free content?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I would say that it would be frowned upon to post it here, however. Roll20 has made it understood that they do not want to do anything to devalue the contributions of the Marketplace, and the creators who fuel it. As a freelancer myself, I heartily applaud the attitude.
Seems kind of silly, more of a hindrance if anything assuming they know how to work a search engine.

Edited 1519280085
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Muckbuckle . Thanks for asking. The Marketplace forum is dedicated to Roll20 Marketplace maps and video/streaming content involving Roll20. To add, the point central to the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct is that all posts made in the Community Forums must directly concern Roll20 as a program: Intended Use The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program and Roll20 systems. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website should be discussed there. As such, posting non-Marketplace artwork in a context that does not concern Roll20's operation as a program would be considered off-topic, and the poster encouraged to move the encompassing discussion to another website. I hope this helps!

Edited 1519314176
thanks silv i was wondering on how to translate that bit myself since the spirit of the item could be used in other programs that is why they would be suggested to go elsewhere now what if he went the market creator route and release maps for free is that possible? or must ne charge a fee

Edited 1519314549
Silvyre
Forum Champion
lordmage said: what if he went the market creator route and release maps for free is that possible? or must ne charge a fee I'm not equipped to answer business-oriented questions about the Marketplace, but you could ask the Marketplace Production Team at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> for an official answer, if you're curious. (My unofficial guess: free Marketplace sets can be found on the Marketplace, and are still allowed to be produced.)
at least he knows that is a way to possibly share depending on his talks with the team on the matter.&nbsp;
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Muckbuckle said: Seems kind of silly, more of a hindrance if anything assuming they know how to work a search engine. The logic I've heard repeatedly from Roll20 representatives can be summarised like this: "If it was worth being done, then its worth compensating the person who did it".