Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to link journals together using [[ ]]

Edited 1390959601
Sam
Sheet Author
I tried searching for this but I couldn't find anything that resembled this problem that I have been having. I don't know if other people have been having it as well. According to the Rugged Reroll blog: Journals have grown to become a major part of many campaigns, and today we’re making them even better. You can now use double-brackets when editing a Character or Handout to link to another journal item. For example, “Riley wields the [[Katana of Cherry Blossoms]]” would create a clickable link that opens the “Katana of Cherry Blossoms” handout so you can quickly reference it in-game. source However whenever I try to do this inside my journals or characters sheets the linked word always changes to become "Riley wields the [Katana of Cherry Blossoms]" with no link. Please help
Gid
Roll20 Team
Just tested this myself and it's happening on my end as well. I'll notify the Devs about this. Thanks for posting!
I think it changed from double brackets [[ ]] to single brackets [ ] at some point. Use single brackets and it'll work. I just checked it in one of my campaigns.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Oh! Derp! So it is. Yes, use a single bracket for linkage. Thanks, Rolfe.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks guys, that explains why it was trying turn the double brackets into the single brackets. I wonder if the documentation reflects this change yet.

Edited 1390962138
I missed that change too. :) The documentation does indeed reflect the single bracket use: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Link_Between_Journal_Entries" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Link_Between_Journal_Entries</a>