Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Friday 630 PM EST 5e new campaign

Edited 1519963082
Simon O.
Translator
Vlaakith CLVII has gone mad with power, well even more then in the past. She is threatening Tu'Narath in her insanity, the Githyanki capital is quaking as she tries to reach godhood. Now Zetch'r'r, a Sha'sal Khou Warlord has called you to his Stronghold in Tu'Narath. For our new campaign we are looking for a few new players. Before we will run this campaign together we will run a few one-shots and a shorter adventure I have teased above to see how good we fit together. GM Style I generally like to run a darker setting more grounded game then the "canon" DnD. The PCs come from the setting we are playing and their decisions impact the world around them. I don't believe that the Characters operate in a vacuum, so the decisions will have a ripple effect around them and consequences will arise. This can lead to very different sessions, some are very roleplay heavy others focus more on fighting. Player requirements Understanding that the goal is for everybody to have fun Dependable and regular attendance Commitment to the group and character The ability to give and receive feedback Plus Interest to join the group long term If these bullet points fit your personality feel free to apply. Please understand that if you can't be bothered to put some effort in your application I will likely ignore it.
Hello!  I personally love the sound of your GM style. I have a group that is interested in your campaign. There are about 6ish of us with varying levels of experience and availability. There would pretty much be at least 3 of us available every week, with the others joining as possible. We do have some questions for you, though.... 1. Are there any class / race limits? 2. Do we retain levels from the one shots? 3. Any homebrew rules we need to know? 4. Can we jager a person that misses instead of finding a cheap way to have them out for a session? 5.What level do our characters start at? 6. Do you allow multiclassing? I appreciate your consideration and time. My group currently has a FB messenger chat group where we’ve been talking, and we will be using discord for gameplay. I can send you an invite to the group chat if you’re interested, or you can find me on discord, nicova2010(Beriana)#6316
Im totally down for a campaign like this Ive been playing dnd irl for about 3 years and my friends and i grew apart after they left for collage so ive been trying to get a serious game sett up here but have never got a group to lat more than a month on here so ive generally been just taking part in so one shots for fun. But im generally looking for a campaign where role play is the main focus because most of the games ive taking part in the main focus is combat but i want to make a charter and really develop them.  Charter ideas ive had are Knox Rosewood a half elf rouge who was sold into slavery as a child Unith a wood elf druid raised by wolves (kinda acts like a human puppy) Armiks a Tiefling Ranger was a hunter for a small outskirts village  
I would be interested in joining this campaign. Been looking for a steady long term game that me as a player can affect. The only thing is I might be late by like a half hour depending on traffic cause I get off an hour before the start time, but that would be very rarely. I'm willing to play most classes but bard. What kind of restriction would there be if any? 
I would love to play! I've been looking all over for a game that I can join long-term, and this one seems perfect. I have a few character ideas, but I'm willing to play any class that would balance out the party. Let me know! -Sarah
Hey! love the idea of a dedicated game to play with everyone! So if you do have a free spot let me know. I already have a character created that we can discuss if that works but I'm very open to a long-term game! (Also if there are any restrictions please do tell) GodSpeed ~Ryan 
I am definitely down for the one shots, and if we gel, down for a longer campaign as well! i'm cool with darker, as long as rape minimally happens (preferably never, it is *rarely* a good plot device).
Hello I have been looking for a long term Champaign, it's so difficult to find a group I hope that I can join your Champaign, I would really like to try out being a caster character 
How many hours are you planning per session?
Okay I had a wild week, here are some answers to the questions I have gotten. I want to have a game with the players making (almost) all sessions. Are there any class / race limits? Class or race restrictions are entirely reliant on setting and theme, but I am not above limiting those and will do so frequently. Do we retain levels from the one shots?  The oneshots and advenutre wont be connected with each other or the long term afterwerds. Any homebrew rules we need to know? In the past I played largely ball with the 5e rules but did use some optional or alternative rules in PHB or DMG. There also were a few homebrew rules and again depending on setting/theme some might get added or canned. Can we jager a person that misses instead of finding a cheap way to have them out for a session?  If someone is missing, I usually take over for the character for the session but play them fairly mute and in the background What level do our characters start at? This again depends on the story, the short adventure I teased above will start at level 17 the campaign we would figure out during a session 0 Do you allow multiclassing? Generally yes, with some limitations How many hours are you planning per session? I try to search for a good ending point, the goal is to hit around 4 hours (in practive that meant between 3:15 up to 4:15 in the past)
Wow, this sounds great! Sorry to join the Q&A late, but I wondered if this was text or voice? Not really able to swing voice, unfortunately.
We will use voice, one of the biggest issues that can arise is mix-ups in communication and voice helps to limit those problems.
Name: David TIME: Eastern: Looking for evening times Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. TYPES OF GAMES: 18+ that like to have fun laughing and playing. Harkner (LvL 1 Dwarf Barbarian) Found by a clan of nomad barbarians as a young dwarf he was raised by Klarth, the clan leader and his mate. Klarth told Harkner that he was found on a mountain pass as the clan made their way farther north one summer. They came across what looked like a dwarven camp that had been beset by orcs as there were many more orc bodies than dwarven bodies. They found him under the body of a dwarven maid in full battle armor. Once he was of age Harkner set out to uncover his origins and hunt orcs whenever possible. Kuraki Lynith (LvL 1 Half Elf Warlock) BACKGROUND: He and his companions were hunting the forest one night when they were attacked by a party of drow warriors. Kuraki was taken as a slave along with two of his other companions. As a slave to the drow he was able to make a pact with a Fiend in order to escape. He was the only one to escape alive and since his arrival back to the surface; he has dedicated his like to keeping the land free of evil. ABOUT ME: I am a 39 year old high school Spanish teacher. I fell in love with fantasy worlds when I was about 14 years old. I have read so many series that I should probably reread all that I read when I was young. I have always wanted to try my hand at D&D but did not know really how to go about it. Now though I have finally been able to sit down and really delve in the game.
Simon, This sounds like a great game, and I would love to play with your folks.  I am a older player and I love games that are darker and have good Role-play elements. I tend to favor, Warriors & Rogues as classes, but I have played most of them at one time or another. About me: I am a 51 year old Operations Assistant for a local water agency in my area.  I have been playing DnD since the mid 80's, but I have been on a break from gaming for several years. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle and having some fun.
Alright, we ran our first Oneshot and it went great, but there is still space for 1 adventurer!
Howdy doodles! I would be interested in playing in this campaign. I've been playing D&D for several years and most of the time I DM long stretching epic campaigns. I've been looking for a group to play in as a player. I have ideas of characters I would like to play, but I also enjoy familiarizing myself with the setting and creating something that fits the party and setting. While I am capable of min-maxing, I don't really enjoy doing it. My favorite characters to play are characters that aren't entirely useful. Pacifist bards scared of killing people, hot headed politicians who are bad at talking to people, poor merchants and the list goes on. It's fun to try and solve a story with a not optimized character imo.  My only concern would be the length of the sessions. As you have described it, the session would fit perfectly into my schedule, and immediately after the session I would be off to go meet with my game design group on Friday nights. However, as a DM I know sometimes things really start flowing in a session and important story moments can run long. I would be willing to discuss with them meeting an hour later to give some flex space. I hope you will consider me for your campaign!
After having run a few of the One-Shots a space has opened, which means that if you are interested and haven't yet applied this is your chance :)

Edited 1522366669
Name: Loki Class: Barbarian Race: Human I would LOVE to join your group long term as I am very passionate about this game now. My name is Matt, I have been playing the tabletop version of d&d 5e with some friends recently, and have been bitten by the lust for more and more of this wonderful, adventurous game! I would love to join this adventure with you guys as well. I am relatively new to the game, however I do know most basics, and will happily grab onto the role of my character and the story. A little backstory of my character Loki : Loki grew up in a small tribe of barbarians, at a young age roughly 13 his tribe sent him out to become a man of his people. Loki went into the wilderness to survive, hunt, and grow in the eyes of his people. As a few months pass Loki then decided to become a lone wandering barbarian to see what else this world held for him to explore. As of now 10 years have passed and he is looking for any adventure to make his blood boil. Hopefully that will be your adventure. Thanks guys :)
This game fits into my schedule nicely! I'll been looking to play a long term campaign for a long time now and I would love to join in! I enjoy games with role-playing opportunities and realism. I make my characters with sensible flaws and try to really put myself in the game. I am an experienced player and I've played 5th Edition since its release. I am also familiar with roll20 and have a discord account. I try to stay flexible with my character ideas so they fit the campaign in a sensible way. I love writing and try to make a fleshed out backstory for my characters with plenty of material to draw on. I am willing to write session summaries and write ups if doing so would help the group. Finally, here are two character ideas I have so far. I've left most of the details open and I am willing to change things to make the backstory work better. Name: Vance Class: Warlock (Hexblade) Draft Backstory: Vance was born and molded into a soldier. Until nearly his entire unit routed and was slain in a disastrous battle. The Commander of the unit had rushed to the front to rally the men, when a crossbow bolt struck him. Vance pulled the Commander to safety to hear his last orders. The Commander ordered Vance to bear his sword from the battlefield with news of their defeat. But as Vance withdrew a poisoned arrow struck him. Vance collapsed and dreamed of a place full of shadows. When he awoke he looked down at the blade in his hand, etched into the steel was a faint symbol, shedding a pale unearthly light... He tried to deliver the sword in time but instead found their keep had already been taken. Vance never got over his failure to warn his comrades and became a sell-sword. Maybe he gain regain his lost dignity by aiding Zetch'r'r or perhaps he will slip and fail again... Name: Osmund Class: Ranger (Horizon Walker) Draft Backstory: Osmund grew up in a Church to the god of knowledge as a scribe. He grew fascinated by tales of the planes and other worlds beyond the mundane prime material world. His interest became something of a hobby. Until one day a rogue member of the church stole away with some valuable scrolls. As the cleric escaped they used one scroll and summoned forth an astral being that slaughtered many of the church clergy. Osmund's hatred grew into an obsession and now at long last... he has been called to combat a threat from beyond the worlds! Osmund is more than eager to aid Zetch'r'r. After all, this is a chance to finally gather evidence for his many theories! 
Thanks for the applications, I messaged both you guys on roll20
This game looks pretty good already, and I've been looking for a darker group so as to branch away from the usual "4-5 heroes make a manly pilgrimage to support the happy townsfolk against the evil (insert bad guy here)" cliches. I've been playing 5e for a while, so im pretty familiar with the rules, and my schedule is almost always open, and if not, i have my schedule for the month in advance usually set in stone, so any negotiations would be pretty easy to pull off. Im usually almost always down to play, and i can fill plenty of roles. I know this isnt the most creative of applications, but im very flexible in almost all aspects, and i prefer to have fun rather than scream about micromanaging statistics. i would love to play if you still have room for one more.
We are talking huge moves towards starting the campaign, I am very happy with the current group. If you want to join I have 1 last optional slot that I would like to fill.

Edited 1523292550
Ito
Pro
I'd be interested! I have plenty of experience in 5e and have been wanting to join another larger campaign. I tend to be open for the time listed but if not I do try to get in touch at least 24 hours in advance. I have several character concepts based around the main source content (PHB and Xanathar's guide) and I can generally play whatever to fill in any gaps in the current party's composition if need be. (That being said, I'd rather not play Barbarian or Paladin but I would be interested in anything else.) I can work with discord, skype, or pretty much any method of communication for voice.