Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need some help

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Playing around with the dynamic lighting and ran into a puzzlement. Trying to put a light in a room which the pc token should not see but it still shows. I have the map setting to enforce sight and the light source is set at 30 ft/ 0 ft. I also have the all players see light and the have sight check marked. There is no one selected to control the token either. I now rejoin the game as a player and zoom out which still shows the light source instead of the black. What am I doing wrong? I can't supply a screen shot due to it going to be part of a game.
When you select the token and press Ctrl+L, what do you see?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It's all black like I thought it was suppose to be but when I rejoin as a player the light source can be seen. This puzzles me.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
sent you screen captures to show what I mean.
Hmm... What are the settings on the light source?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Since I'm not sure I could properly tell you what settings you are looking for, I screen shot them. Maybe this will help

Edited 1391034356
I think I've puzzled out the answer with help from our intrepid devs. It looks like there are some other tokens on the screen that have sight set as 360 degrees and you have them set to be controlled by yourself. When you rejoin as a player, you're also seeing what those tokens see. Your players should be perfectly fine and unable to see that area since they will not control tokens that are over in that spot. (I hope I made that vague enough not to spoil any surprises yet still make sense!) :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You did and thank you. I will look over all the other tokens.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you so much Sarah and the dev's. It was a token that was set wrong. Consider the problem closed.
Hey, I'm really glad we could get it worked out. :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It was puzzling so thank you all very much for the help.