Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shaped Sheet 5E Content line macro

I put this     [Bite](~Bloodrage)  in the CONTENT line of an action with the idea that when you use that action it would create a chat box that if I click it would then run the ABILITY bloodrage which just contains the game info about how the bloodrage works.  Unfortunately all it does is this: Any ideas why?

Edited 1520159876
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is Bloodrage another action? You can't reference them by name like that. You have to use something like the output is trying to do: [Bite](~NAME|repeating_action_ID_roll) NAME is optional since you're referencing it from the same sheet ID is the string starting with "-L6j" above. See  Referencing Attributes, Macros, and Repeating Sections

Edited 1520186582
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If "Bloodrage" is an Ability entered on the Attributes and Abilities tab of the sheet (not the sheet itself), your API button should work as written if entered on the "Content" or "Freetext" field of the character sheet feature.

Edited 1520211204
**EDIT** Keith, everything you said rings true for me... and yet............it does not seem to work. **As usual, it turns out to be pilot error.  It was printing EXACTLY what was in the ability section.  For some reason, even though I was sure that I had typed the entire description of bloodrage into that box, when I went back to it to check, it had all that gobbeldy gook that showed in chat.  I have no idea how that happened.  So, you are right, it works fine.  I get my chat button and it sends the info to chat as well.  Just me being an idiot again.**  :-)  Thanks