Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Table Add Column Bug

Edited 1520528948
I haven't debugged just how far this error spreads, but I simply wanted to add a Column to the Right side of my 12 Row, 2 Column Table. I had added a Header, and I had done the standard formatting on the Header to access the Rolls & Tables via Clicking (standard Clickable Handout Compendium, this one was fortunately NOT the 500 Row List for Trinkets!), the problem is that I was in the Right Column after filling in the Numbers 1~12 trying to add Azurite, and I wanted the Descriptive Text to have it's own Column AFTER the Item Name Here's the Code behind each section of the Table, the Bug adds the Column in the Middle when I select "Add to the Right" and the Left Side when I "Add to the Left" even though I'm doing it from the "Azurite" Cell! (note: I added a space around the semicolon to prevent auto-formatting into HTML !&#13 ; /w gm [[1d12]] !&#13 ; /w gm [[1t[10-gp-gem]]] 1 Azurite 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
yeah, it's even happening here. Firefox 58.0.2 (64-Bit) (Up-to-Date) Flash Explicitly Allowed Images Explicitly Allowed Cookies Explicitly Allowed I forgot the rest from the Site suggested as an alternative wherever the FAQ for debugging is. I can post it once I get the Link to that page, it was unrelated to Mozilla or Chrome and pinged the Browser's Settings.
Hi Blue64. We're aware of this issue. These sorts of problems are due to our current text editor being limited in feature and functionality. We are looking to update it with a completely different built, but it's something that's going to take time to systematically change it across the entire site. The editor is in use where and whenever text entry is used in Roll20 - In-App and the Website, so it's going to require a BIG update. Currently, our suggestion is to format more complex content in a 3rd party editor (such as Google Docs) and then copy paste it into the text field. Sorry for the inconveniece!

Edited 1520629461
that also doesn't work, the Cells don't seem to recognize even it's own Cells when Copied, as the result gets pasted in as a single Cell. (I haven't tried 3rd party, but didn't expect it to work after failing to recognize it's own Cells) New Row seems to function perfectly fine, so if you can just tweak the Tables to recognize Column in a similar way as Row does, then it should be fine. I'm assuming you are assigning a Value to each Table Cell as a "Name" in order to reference which Table is getting a new Row/Column, so in this instance, the problem is actually quite minor, likely a simple typo in the "locate column" section.

Edited 1520659599
found another one, Delete Row doesn't actually track where the row to delete is beyond the first time, someone forgot a reference call, it simply thinks the Row targeted is the Row above the previous one Deleted, found it just now when editing a Table for a Mob's Info and I added too many Rows (only needed 3x4+Header, made 6x4+Header) This actually (apparently) is the situation for ALL Table Editing after deleting a Row, as I found out just now when I tried to add a new Table below the current Table, it placed my new Table inside a Cell of the previous Table, after I had deleted the Rows I didn't need, before hitting Save. I think I'm starting to understand What you meant about "Systematic Problem" now. I hope you are making an impressive Version 2.0 Tables System (Pro Tip: Open Office Calc.exe is a Freeware version of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet, only slightly tweaked definitions (some commands have modified behaviors, the Help explains the Differences), but probably better Documentation) Also, it seems to ONLY want to put Tables at the BOTTOM of the current Document, and the scrolling through the Tables can be easily described as "buggy", even when not factoring in the blank character that gets placed inside every cell of every table. also noticed I can't Center the Table it's self, manually or otherwise. Header Cell 1 turns into a Quote inside a Quote when doing Ctrl+A then hitting Alignment >>> Center Text.

Edited 1520659965
test: Meh, it's kinda Hit & Miss lately. H1 H2 H3 C1 R1 C2 R1 C3 R1 C1 R2 C2 R2 C3 R2