Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Could This Be Possible?

Could a Script be written to read and then run a Macro from the GM Notes on a Plain Token (one without an attached Character Sheet)?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm pretty sure I've used scripts that read from gmnotes of a selected token.  Specifically, there was an older  pathfinder statblock import script that did this. INSTRUCTIONS 1. Go to PRD (PFSRD does work, but beware formatting!) website, find yourself some baddies (or NPC's) 2. Copy the stat block from *Name CRX* to Combat/Other Gear (or SQ, whatever is last. Can copy more, just doesn't get used) 3. Paste the stat block into the GM Notes Section of a token in your roll20 campaign. Clean up the title as you want it to appear in your Journal - like "Valeros CR12" 4. in the chat box, type the command "!PathfinderImport".
Not quite what I was looking for, if I have say a number placed in bar3 and want it to be added to a simple [[1d20+@{bar3}]] it would Roll That number. This is for a way for DMs to Create usable monsters and NPCs on the Fly by grabbing a token, supplying 3 numbers i.e. bar1, bar2, bar3, and setting the vision, i.e. Darkvision, Low light, etc. Like a 10 second One of a kind monster or NPC

Edited 1520795663
Gold
Forum Champion
Ajax said: Not quite what I was looking for, if I have say a number placed in bar3 and want it to be added to a simple [[1d20+@{bar3}]] it would Roll That number. This is for a way for DMs to Create usable monsters and NPCs on the Fly by grabbing a token, supplying 3 numbers i.e. bar1, bar2, bar3, and setting the vision, i.e. Darkvision, Low light, etc. Like a 10 second One of a kind monster or NPC If I'm understanding the idea, I would use token-mod API script to do all of that, with or without rolls and variables, with or without querying (asking the GM some fill-in-the-blank questions along the way). Can you explain more why you want it to read from GMnotes on the Token or why/if token-mod doesn't fit the bill? I use tokenmod to set up my quick monsters/NPC tokens (without character sheet), takes 10 seconds or less, fills the 3 bars, sets the vision, aura, name, nameplate, and more.
That is exactly what I need, where does token-mod get the variables and other information?
Gold
Forum Champion
You can write a macrofor token-mod, and parts of the macro can query / asking you what to put in a bar. You can enter a number (like 43) or a dice like 5d8. !token-mod --on showname showname showplayers_name showplayers_bar1 showplayers_bar2 showplayers_bar3 showplayers_aura1 showplayers_aura2 playersedit_name playersedit_bar1 playersedit_bar2 playersedit_bar3 playersedit_aura1 playersedit_aura2 --set light_radius|3 light_dimradius|1 --set name|?{Monster Name?} --set bar3_value|?{AAC?} --set bar1_value|[[?{Hit Points?}]]
Thank you!

Edited 1520953328
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Late to the party, was in Virginia for most of a week. =D Just to make your life easier, you can write TokenMod commands across multiple lines by enclosing the extra bits in {{ }}: !token-mod {{   --on     showname showname showplayers_name showplayers_bar1 showplayers_bar2     showplayers_bar3 showplayers_aura1 showplayers_aura2 playersedit_name     playersedit_bar1 playersedit_bar2 playersedit_bar3 playersedit_aura1     playersedit_aura2   --set     ?{Vision|Normal,light_radius#10 light_dimradius#5|Darkvision,light_radius#10 light_dimradius#=-5 light_otherplayers#off}     name|?{Monster Name?}      bar3_value|?{AAC?}      bar1_value|[[?{Hit Points?}]] }} You can also use # where you would use | as evidenced by the Vision query above.  It specifies multiple TokenMod properties without pipes (|) as the pipes would break the roll query.