Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Starting a new Starfinder game. Differences between "Simple" and "HUD" sheets?

Can anyone give a basic overview of the differences between the two sheets? Or is it more of a "try both and see" kind of thing? Thank you.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi WebCoder, I'm the author of the HUD sheet. The HUD sheet has lots of automation in it to streamline play and accomodate buff tracking. It also allows linking of your starship to your characters. I am biased of course, but I also think that the layout of the HUD is more intuitive (there's only two pages to handle for players). For you as a GM, the HUD also has a statblock importer to quickly set up your npcs.
Thanks Scott. After trying both I went with HUD.

Edited 1520999893
I appreciate Scott's efforts but I want to like HUD more than I actually do. Slick-looking design but thus far there's way too much fiddly syntax in getting buffs to actually apply (I'm running it with two different groups, one of which hosts a player who designs stuff for Roll20, and we had to futz around with Spell Focus for some time before working out that it was case-dependent whether it would buff "dc" as opposed to "DC" -- correct answer proved to be the former). The basic sheet seems to require more effort but in practice, so far, it's a wash and the basic sheet is way easier and more intuitive to work with. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the feedback Cyrano. The case sensitivity is a bug that I'll get fixed. Thanks for the report.
I do love the visual work you've done with the sheet and I look forward to seeing it develop. Thanks for all your work.