Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Did the VTT mode requirements change for tablets?

Hey folks! I noticed that in all locations on Roll20 it says that a paid subscription is necessary to access Roll20.net VTT on a tablet. Currently, I am not a paid subscriber but when I login and launch a game on my iPad Pro it seems I get access to the same VTT that I do on my desktop, which for the most part works in the same fashion. So, is this working as intended or am I not fully understanding what the subscription benefits / VTT requirements are? Thanks. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without a subscription, it is just impossible to log in to the VTT on a tablet. There's no real difference in the interface.
Currently, it seems quite possible. As I do not have a sub, yet I can still draw maps and upload images to use on maps. Which is why I am confused and searching for answers. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's been a while since I was a free user. I might be totally wrong.
A tablet can access the VTT via a browser. It cannot be used to run the Roll20 App, without a paid subscription.
That's odd, the wiki  describes the opposite . Roll20 for iPad and Android , the free native applications with player-focused elements like character sheets and dice rolling or Roll20 Table on Tablet Support , a Plus subscription feature which grants access to the whole of the Roll20 virtual tabletop via supported mobile browsers.
Denzil, Are you launching a game that was created by a Pro subscriber? I believe that all the Plus and Pro benefits also apply to players in a subscriber's game.
The game was one I created myself when I first signed up and I have never been a paid subscriber. I just use it to experiment around with Roll20 at the moment.