Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Images or Game not loading

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're seeing a burst of reports about images in games or games not loading. We're working under the assumption that these issues are isolated to a particular ISP in the UK, "Virgin Media". If that is not the case and you're geolocated in a different country or have a different ISP, please let us know here. If that is the case for you, would you please add a "Me too" to this thread so we can collect data on which of our users are being affected. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience. 
Me too
I'm in Poland and my ISP is UPC. I have the same problem :(
Me too (*5 in party). Not all on Virgin, all in UK
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you having any issues loading images from any other sites, or issues loading other sites at all?
Nope - Spotify, Netflix, BBC, Google all fine.
No, pictures load fine on different sites.
GM Burrow
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Steve K. said: Are you having any issues loading images from any other sites, or issues loading other sites at all? None whatsoever, Youtube, Amazon HD, BBC, all work fine.  I have one map thats fully back now and several that re still blank or with the odd random chicken in a big bit of white.
GM Burrow
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I think I fixed it - Load the map you want in roll20, then refresh the browser, The vast majority of my maps are back now with the odd little bit missing
Me too,  UK - Virgin Media,  3 other players, Mainland US and Dubai were unnefected  
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We can confirm that users outside of Europe are able to load the images in your games. Which suggests to us there's a major outage between Europe and the image hosting server used to provide images to Roll20 games. We're still investigating. It would help us to confirm if you could provide a  browser console log .
Me too.  Virgin Media in the UK.  

Edited 1521060097
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're seeing reports that Virgin Media issues they're experiencing are resolving. Are you still having issues?
GM Burrow
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Steve K. said: We're seeing reports that Virgin Media issues they're experiencing are resolving. Are you still having issues? After opening each map page and refreshing the browser for each map page, its now working, but it still takes longer than usual to load.  So yes still issues but not mission critical ones, ty devs, When I get paid I promise to go Pro:)
I am on Virgin Media, and it's slowly but surely loading but not completely.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
UK and Virgin Media but no issues loading any images... not helpful but hopefully a sign of the issue being resolved or not affecting ALL users ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We're in the US and have images in our game, but nothing is showing up in chat - we can't type messages and if we click on our character sheet to make a roll nothing shows up. It makes playing our game a bit tricky, to say the least. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heather, it sounds like you have a bad roll template roll in your game. Clearing your chat archive from the game details page should resolve that problem.
Well, we all just cleared... but no good. We're using Blades in the Dark game. 

Edited 1521077161
Heather A. said: Well, we all just cleared... but no good. We're using Blades in the Dark game.  Yeah I'm having problems with the Blades in the Dark game also (not in the UK)  Looks like the specific error is with the sheet I am seeing the following in the console:  Uncaught Error: Unclosed section "harm" at 1675
Lindsey B. said: Heather A. said: Well, we all just cleared... but no good. We're using Blades in the Dark game.  Yeah I'm having problems with the Blades in the Dark game also (not in the UK)  Looks like the specific error is with the sheet I am seeing the following in the console:  Uncaught Error: Unclosed section "harm" at 1675 Similar issue with Blades in the Dark character sheet; changing the campaign sheet to another sheet (I've tested it with the 5e sheets) fixes it, but when you change it back it breaks. In Singapore with Singtel, if that explains anything. Also occurs with 3 other local ISPs I've tested on friends' networks. (MyRepublic, M1 and Starhub).
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Since it sounds like your issues with the Blades in the Dark character sheet and not related to the above issue. And that the above issue is resolved. I'm closing this thread. I've escalated your issue and we'll reach out to the community sheet author.