Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Duplicate/Clone Character Sheet?

Wasn't quite sure if this should go here or in the Character Sheet subforum, but... Anyway, so in my game, I've got a lot of NPCs/monsters that are pretty much the same as another but with a template applied, or with different equipment or something. Rather than having to keep making every single one of these from scratch, is there a way to duplicate a character sheet? Google's been failing me as it just brings up things like copying characters from one game to another, or bugs with duplicated characters.
If you click Edit to open up the overall character information (name, controlled by, etc.), there is a button (Duplicate) for this exact purpose.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup, just open the character and click the Edit button: Then click the Duplicate button: That will give you a second one renamed Copy of X: You'll need to pull the token out and change it's Represents Character to be the copy: Then go back to the copy and update it's default token by deleting the existing token and using the new selected token:
Thank you so much! I figured it was in some obvious place that I just was being blind to.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nah, it's very much NOT obvious.
Well, I have been using the Edit button a lot to assign tokens so you'd think I'd have seen that button at least once, at any rate...