Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fog of War Hide Areas Tool - Leaves a visible border on the area.

Did a quick forum search but could only find threads from 10+months ago that went unsolved. I've revealed areas on one of my maps, accidentally revealed the name of an area I didnt mean to, so tried to rehide it using the Hide Areas tool. When switching to a player account to check if it worked I can clearly see an outline of where I rehid the area (i.e the outline of the exact box I dragged to rehide it)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's... odd. Could you supply a screen shot just to show the extent of the issue? Might also be worth running through the standard tech help steps to ensure that there isn't something messing with your session: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1520941014
Here's an example of how it looks. Have checked on multiple browsers and have the same issue.
Hi Daniel, This looks like a rendering issue when comparing the Fog of War to Advanced Fog of War or Dynamic Lighting. I will run this in front of the devs to see if we can get a fix rolled out to remove that slight outline. In the meantime, are you able to use the option "Reset Fog of War" in your game? It will reapply fog of war to the entire map.
Yes, have already used the reset option to overcome. However this is not a desirable solution when you've revealed multiple different areas that you then have to re-unhide. I had been revealing roads and random side paths- due to the fact for some reason there isn't a reveal brush, this meant 10s if not hundreds of small box reveals along the path so as not to reveal items just off the path. Appreciate the elevation to the devs. Hopefully it gets addressed as going by previous posts this issue is over 2 yrs old.