Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

One shot sessions - BFRPG system

Edited 1391620366
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello all. I’m looking at running one shot games with the system BFRPG. There will be no set day or time, just when I have a chance to run it. I’m planning on using the Hangouts for voice only. These game sessions will be more for new people to the hobby and / or to roll20 but anyone is welcomed. I have 5 slots open. _______________________________________________________________________________________ The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game is a rules-light game system modeled on the classic RPG rules of the early 1980's. Though based loosely on the d20 SRD v3.5, Basic Fantasy RPG has been written largely from scratch to replicate the look, feel, and mechanics of the early RPG game systems. It is suitable for those who are fans of "old-school" game mechanics. Basic Fantasy RPG is simple enough for children in perhaps second or third grade to play, yet still has enough depth for adults as well. It is totally free system as it is OGL based. ________________________________________________________________________________________ The first game will be today (Jan 31 – Friday) with the character gen starting at 7:00 pm cst (gmt-6) which generally only takes about 30 minutes or less and the session will run for a few hours (2-4 hrs). It will be a dungeon crawl with dynamic lighting enabled so that new players can see some of the features offered at roll20.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I have one person express interest. Anyone else?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Session canceled due to not enough interest.
Please post when the next one is on!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It will be sometime next week.
Aww, I would have loved to join this and was available, but didn't see it until now. I'm now following the topic, so I won't overlook it again. I'm not new to roll20 or the hobby, but would love to jump in if you need an extra player to run the game (and would be happy being bumped to let a new player in). While I'm not new, I play like a newb so I should fit in just fine :).
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It will be great to have you. I will post for it again next week.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Everyone has spent years in the Academy. Some of you have been trained in the arts of the sword while others studied the Arcane arts or the Divine arts. There is those few that seem to be the risk takers, pranksters, or malcontents (what the teachers labeled them) that learned how to work the shadows in their favor. These malcontents usually get thrown out of the Academy but the few that made it were some of the more determined ones. That determination is what sets everyone that graduated from the Academy different from others. As this years crop of graduates gather in front of the main hall there is a teacher standing in front of a table that contains scrolls laying on it. Each student takes the scroll that is labeled for them. When it is your turn to pick up your scroll and open it, you discover the writing in it just says "Toothless Dragon Inn - Morgansfort". Everyone of you recognize the script was done by the Academies Oracle and she sends the graduates for their final test somewhere they will meet their destiny. What that destiny is, only the Oracle knows and the Oracle will not say anything about it. Are you ready to meet your destiny? _____________________________________________________ Hello all. I’m looking at running one shot games with the system BFRPG. There will be no set day or time, just when I have a chance to run it. I’m planning on using the Hangouts for voice only. These game sessions will be more for new people to the hobby and / or to roll20 but anyone is welcomed. I will be running a session tomorrow (2/4/14) at 7pm cst (GMT-6) and have a few openings. I will be using google+ hangout for voice only, the rest will be roll20 itself. _______________________________________________________________________________________ The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game is a rules-light game system modeled on the classic RPG rules of the early 1980's. Though based loosely on the d20 SRD v3.5, Basic Fantasy RPG has been written largely from scratch to replicate the look, feel, and mechanics of the early RPG game systems. It is suitable for those who are fans of "old-school" game mechanics. Basic Fantasy RPG is simple enough for children in perhaps second or third grade to play, yet still has enough depth for adults as well. It is totally free system as it is OGL based.
i could...help out, if there steampunk if not, I know some one who could use a man like you
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
No steampunk. Just D&D. Sorry but I might in the future run a steampunk.
crap
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Stmpeng, you do know that steampunk is a rather niche genre so it is hard to find someone to run that setting. I've never ran that type but I have looked at it and I do follow <a href="http://www.girlgeniusonline.com" rel="nofollow">www.girlgeniusonline.com</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I still have 3 slots open : Post your interest here.

Edited 1391657769
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you for those of you that accepted the invite and was able to show up for the session. Sorry that is didn't go off like I had hoped but lets hope it will go better the next time.
Would love to get in on this, keep me updated on the next time you have a session.