Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying from Dev to Production

Hey guys, I'm trying to copy a campaign from the Dev server to Production server. However, when I copy the game, it will not transfer over any of the information from the game on the Dev server. No maps, no character/NPC sheets, no handouts, nothing. Any ideas?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You used the "Copy from Dev Server" button on your production server "My Games" page? That should work.  (just tested)  It will not copy over the character sheet template(custom or otherwise), game forum, or API scripts either.  But the other stuff "should" copy over.
Hi Arthur, Does this apply to every game or just one?

Edited 1521743039
I'm not sure if it's every gamer. I only tried one, but tried 3 times yesterday, and nothing transferred over.  EDIT:  Just confirmed, it is just the one game that doesn't copy everything over. Just tried the rest of my games and copied everything over successfully.
Hi Arthur, I will see if I can figure out what's going on here.  What is the name of the game that is failing to transfer?  Also, is the game created from a module or include any addons (assuming it was originally a game made on the main site)? Thanks, Jeff
The name of the game is Guardians of Strength. It's not from a module, and doesn't have any addons. It was created on the Dev server.
Thanks for the information. I was able to use the "Copy from dev" process smoothly on that campaign, though it did take some time (it is a very large campaign, with a LOT of handouts and attributes).  I'm having trouble replicating the issue.  I'll continue to look further into the problem and see why you might be having issues. Jeff
Ok, I've tried it about 3 times and every time, nothing would load in the Production server.
Ok; I've manually transferred the game data to a new copy of the game on your account, it should be the most recent "Guardians of Strength" game on your list.  I will try to resolve the underlying issue in the meantime, but hopefully this should work for you for now. Jeff
Thank you so much! I will check it out tomorrow.