Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Crack character ideas

Edited 1518076116
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
These are the ones that nobody will actually play, but you could sort of see it happening, maybe...? Elfling (Protege) Real Name: unknown Look: ambiguous; indigenous; compact body; loose clothes; colorful costume Abilities: Shared: telepathy/telekinesis (invulnerability, social invisibility) Mentor's: weapons and gadgets (the toybag) Yours: detective skills (naughty/nice detection) Labels: Danger -1; Freak +0; Savior +1; Superior +2; Mundane +1 Mentor embodies Savior, you embody Mundane Backstory: How did you first meet your mentor? - I had a dream about the North Pole. Santa Claus told me to come to Halcyon City. When and why did you choose to train with them? - Since the Christmas invasion of Halcyon by the Vyortovians, when they used the stories of the old ways for selfish purposes. We can't allow that! Why did they agree to train you? - I convinced Santa that we should show Halcyon a positive side of Christmas! Who else, outside of the team, knows about your training? - mystic or supernatural beings will always know my true nature Why do you care about the team? - they selflessly protected children, what else matters? Relationships: You and Ghost Girl teamed up a few times before the rest of you came together (though she doesn't remember it now). Your mentor is cautious; they asked you to keep an eye on Jason Quill. Influence: Playful demeanor, Influence to Concord and Mercury. Protege Moves: Fireside chat: When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the Label they embody. On a hit they will tell you what to do. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and take +1 ongoing to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don’t have time for you because something big has gone down; mark a condition, GM’s choice. Be mindful of your surroundings: When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss. Heroic tradition: When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane. Mentor's Resources: false identities, badges of authority, a teleportal Elfling has the following powers: Comical Invulnerability. Elfling cannot be physically hurt, but will always take pratfalls, stumble, or wind up with a soot-covered face rather than manifest serious injury. They do not have corresponding super-strength, and may easily be tied up or knocked around. The power comes with a compulsion to act as though it were not in effect; Elfling will still duck, dodge, and hide if attacked, but could still take heroic action such as shielding someone else with their body. Social invisibility. They can go anywhere and belong, though they may be regarded as the lowest of the low (e.g. if infiltrating AEGIS HQ, they won't be arrested immediately, but they may be seen as a janitor or some other menial employee and told to get to work). Unleash your powers to extend this to other people or enhance your perceived rank when you are somewhere. Christmas Portal. Elfling can teleport themselves to any prominent display of Christmas festivity in Halcyon City, as long as nobody is observing them. Access to the List. They can tell who is naughty or nice, though may not be able to discern the causes or trends behind this status. When you pierce the mask , one of the questions you may ask is "are you naughty or nice?"; the target's player must answer honestly. Access to the Toybag. They can produce any item which has been given as a Christmas present in the city (anything from hand-made scarves to computers to cars), but may only gift them to someone else and may not use the item themselves. The choice of item is not up to Elfling ordinarily - it will be something that grants a child's fondest wish or teaches a naughty child an important lesson. Unleash your powers to try and affect the nature of the item produced, or to produce something rare, outlandish, or large (such as a car). Santa will censure the use of this power if used too often, producing only lumps of coal. Santa, and similar stories around the world, are all aspects of the Spirit of Generosity that pervades the world. The Spirit's wish is to give, but knows that there is evil in the world. Creatures like Elfling are given appropriate powers and charged with helping awaken the giving spirit in everyone. Elfling has forgotten that they are a real child, living in Halcyon, who prayed for power to fight back and help people after the invasion. Learning more about themselves may cause them to shift back to their original form more and more.
Learning more about themselves may cause them to shift back to their original form more and more. ... or may cause them to want to become a dentist. No, this is delightful. I can certainly imagine a campaign where this would work.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
What if... Aria and Summer physically and mentally combined into a new unified whole, and took the name Pneuma? Pneuma (Bull) Real Name: Aria and Summer Skye Newman Look: woman, white, delicate hands, casual clothing, armored costume Abilities: Someone or something changed you, made you into a perfect weapon: superhumanly tough, incredibly strong, and uniquely skilled at fighting. Decide how each of those abilities manifests. [artificial body, hard light projection] Labels: Danger +2; Freak +1; Savior -1; Superior +1; Mundane +0 Backstory: Who changed you? - Rosa Rook and Rossum the Minion Maker abducted Aria, while the Sepiaverse mentally challenged Summer. How did you escape from them? - Members of the Menagerie came for me, in both cases. Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now? - Jason Quill. Why do you try to be a hero? - To keep myself sane and balanced, and to combat injustice. Why do you care about the team? - They are my world and my family. Relationships: Link is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past. Alycia Chin is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment. Influence: Only love and rival have influence. Bull Moves: Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers. There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help. The Bull's Heart / Friend: When you comfort or support your love or rival, mark potential on a hit. When your love or rival comforts or supports you, mark potential when they roll a hit. Powers: Aria has a brick's strength and physical durability. Summer has a hard-light projection system and flight. When the two are combined, the combination gets both powers and is a blend of both minds. When the combination splits up, both remember everything they experienced while in combination.
Disturbingly cool.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I could come up with some jokey Harbingers on the premise that Leo's tech produces some future kids who come back in time. Here's a more mysterious version of that hypothetical family, based on the observation that we have a Maiden (Summer) and Mother (Aria), but no Crone. CRON (Harbinger) Real Name: Unrevealed - self-identifies as "the third Pneuma" Look: woman, white, weary face, casual clothing, high-tech costume Abilities: You’re from the future, and that has its benefits. Plus, your powers may have had something to do with how you got back to the past—er, the present day, that is. “Now,” as the locals call it. Choose an option from the list below: telepathy & telekinesis Labels: Danger +0; Freak +0; Savior +2; Superior +1; Mundane +0; Future -1 Backstory: How did you travel from the future to the present day? - I hitched a ride with another time traveler What keeps you from returning to the future? - I lack the native tech to do it myself Why don't you have perfect recollection of the future? - The Temporal Observer Effect means that any time traveler interacting with the past necessarily disrupts the time stream, invalidating some of what they know What is the one thing you know for sure you've already changed for the better? - I saved Leo Snow's life from an assassin Why is this team the one you must join to achieve your mission’s goals? - This is where my family can be found Relationships: Concord turns away from the hero’s path, according to your history books. You have to prevent that from happening. You’ve always looked up to Charade , but it’s too awkward to admit it to them now that you’ve met them in real life. Keep it cool, keep it cool. Influence: Every member of your team has the power to change the future—your future. Give everyone influence over you. Harbinger Moves:  21st Century Studies: When you assess the situation, you may always ask “what does the future know about this moment?”, even on a miss. You still take the +1 ongoing to act on the answers.  When you realize the role that someone plays in shaping the future, mark a condition and roll +Future. On a 10+, pick two from the bright list. On a 7-9, pick one from the bright list, and the GM picks one from the dark list. On a miss, the GM picks two from the dark list. When you record someone's name here, they gain Influence over you if they did not already have it. At any point in the future, if you accept their Influence when they tell you who you are or how the world works (or will work, thanks to them), the GM may adjust your Future accordingly, along with any other adjustments to your Labels. When you are Insecure, the penalty applies to your Future as well. Powers: Ability to build robotic bodies using nanotech Assorted ill-defined mystic-mechanic powers with a magical power origin Unspecified computer-access, hacking, and virtual reality powers
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh man...
Not that I at all want to further complicate things with the Newmans, the Menagerie, or Halcyon by having CRON show up, but I so   want to further complicate those things by having CRON show up.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author

Edited 1534628570
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Forget it, here's the image that I think nails it.

Edited 1530686418
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
So I'm rewatching "The Secret World of Arrietty". Here's the result of that. Sprout (Outsider) Real Name: Midge Leafstone Look: (scrawny) human body; bizarre eyes; average clothing; no costume Abilities: Size-changing (radical shapeshifting), impossible mobility (replaces flight), pretty tough Labels: Danger -1; Freak +1; Savior +0; Superior +2; Mundane +1 Backstory: Where did you come from? I'm a Borrower - a tiny humanoid who lives in the nooks and crannies of the human world. I have size-shifting powers, though, so I can grow to giant size! Look, I'm almost 5 feet 2! Why did you come to Earth? I want to make friends with the giants. My people are hidden away and scarce, and we need to be friends with you. Why do you want to stay here (for now at least)? There's so many amazing things when you're a giant. All this stuff I saw from a distance, I can get up close and really interact with it! Why do your people want you to come home? They're afraid I'll get hurt, that you people will hurt us, like you always do. Why do you care about the team? These are kids, like me, maybe they're different like me, maybe we can understand each other. Relationships: You've been learning about Earth by spending time with Concord. You have a crush on Mercury but you keep it under wraps. Influence: Cheerful, give influence to everybody. Outsider Moves: Alien Ways: Whenever you openly disregard or undermine an important Earth custom in favor of one of your own people’s customs, shift Superior up and any other Label down. The best of them: When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of Earth, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane. Not so different after all: When you talk about your home, roll + Freak. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one. During the conversation, you: confess a flaw of your home; add 1 Team to the pool; mislead them about your home; take Influence over them; describe the glories of your home; clear a condition. On a miss, you inadvertently reveal more about yourself than you planned; tell them a secret or vulnerability you haven’t shared with Earthlings before now. Sprout has the following powers: Supreme physical fitness, agility, and speed. Borrowers have evolved over generations to be fast, nimble, and cunning, staying one step ahead of animals, nature, and (worst of all) human beings. They can endure physical stress that would exhaust or hurt a human. Size-changing. Sprout can scale from four inches to about 5' 2", a small human. It might be possible to shrink smaller or grow bigger - Sprout hasn't tried. Sprout can also use size-changing tactically, to duck out of the way of attacks or leap through gaps. This is a mutant power, unique to Sprout. Animal friendship. Like many Borrowers, Sprout has an empathic or telepathic connection to some animal life, that allows communication or exchange of impressions. Sprout can use this to befriend certain animals or work with others as allies, mounts, and more.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jung Justice (Nova) Real Name: J.T. Freeman Look: man, Black, normal skin, casual clothing, mythological costume Abilities: sorcery (myth-masking) Labels: Danger +1; Freak +2; Savior +0; Superior +1; Mundane -1 Backstory: When did you first use your powers? we were on a field trip to a temple in Greece, and I transformed unexpectedly. Who was the first person you accidentally hurt with your powers? the teacher on the trip got scared and tried to mess with me. He's okay now, but it put the fear of god - at least a couple gods - into him. Who, outside the team, helps you control your powers? My best friend Tracy, who does library research on old myths and legends. Why do you continue to use your powers? Parable of the talents, man. That's Biblical. Why do you care about the team? Heroes are the new legends. Greeks had their boys Hercules and stuff, now we got the same. Being a legend is one thing, but hanging with them is something else. Relationships: You hang out all the time with Charade to blow off steam. You once hurt Ghost Girl when you lost control of your powers. Influence: Locked down, Mercury gets influence Nova Moves: Burn: When you charge up your powers, roll + conditions you currently have marked. On a hit, hold 3 burn. On a 7-9, mark a condition. On a miss, hold 2 burn and mark three conditions.Spend your burn on your flares. You lose all burn at the end of the scene. Flares chosen: Constructs, Worship, Move, Overcharge Jung Justice has the following powers: Myth-masking: J.T. can tap into the world's collective psychic gestalt and extract shared archetypical figures from that. The way some superheroes can shift into any animal on Earth, J.T. can become any god or legend known to the people of Earth. While in mythic form, J.T. gains the reputed strengths and weaknesses of that form. The mindset of the form also partially imposes itself on him - if he becomes a wise god, he gains wisdom, but he can also gain negative traits such as jealousy or rage. When not in mythic form, J.T. is shrouded by an aura of protection that will snap him into an appropriate mythic form if his life is at risk, or if other conditions are met. For example, if he is attacked by magic, he might automatically become a figure of legend who was known for resisting enchantments. J.T. can sense the presence of mythically or legendarily significant powers at work - magic spells, enchantments, the presence of a god's temple or holy symbol, and so on.
Great character, Bill, losing points only for that name. Ye gods ... (I would so play this guy. And he definitely needs to meet Daph.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
What's wrong with J.T. Freeman?
Touché.

Edited 1536382860
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Flower Power (Transformed) Real Name: unrevealed Look: ambiguous, Asian, strange eyes, green flesh, strange costume Abilities: obviously monstrous: plant affinity, transmuting flesh Labels: Danger +1; Freak +3; Savior +0; Superior +0; Mundane -1 Backstory: Who were you before? I was a ninja trainee assigned to infiltrate Rook Industries, but they captured me. When did you change? What caused it? I was experimented on to become an anti-hero weapon, but I escaped. Who, outside of the team, is helping you understand your new body? My clan mate Fuko, aka Ninjess. Why don't you just try to hide yourself away? Revenge is more important. Why do you care about the team? They've fought against my enemy. Relationships: Ghost Girl comforted you when you were at your lowest. Charade knew you before you changed Influence: Concord Transformed Moves: Not human enough : When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss. Coming for you : When you mark a condition, take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it. Be the monster : When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose one. On a 7-9, choose two. - you frighten others you had not intended to scare - you hurt someone or break something you shouldn’t have - you feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM’s choice) On a miss, they react with violence, hatred, and paranoia, and you suffer the brunt of it. Flower Power has the following powers: Plant Body : Flower Power is a hybrid human-plant creature. They can adjust their physiology to take advantage of the best qualities of many plant species, such as growing or healing quickly (kudzu, bamboo). They absorb sunlight and nutrients from soil. They can phase through pre-existing plants - for example, disappearing into a weed patch near their feet. Ninja Arsenal : Flower Power uses their powers in a ninja theme: shuriken made of hardened, sharpened flower petals, climbing claws formed out of rose prickles jutting from the hands, swords and knives with sharpened hooks along the edge, shields or body armor made of thick tree bark, and a variety of biological toxins and poisons. Seed Stock : Given an appropriate seed, they can super-charge the growth of plants from them - for example, creating vines for climbing, swinging, or entangling, or planting trees as shields or cover.