Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Princes of the Apocalypse Official Bug Thread

Edited 1520543655
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Princes of the Apocalypse! Please report any bug or game issues below.  Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the game. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose "Princes of the Apocalypse" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Princes of the Apocalypse, be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products.

Edited 1520602949
Trivia said: Thank you for purchasing Princes of the Apocalypse! Please report any bug or game issues below.  Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the game. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose "Princes of the Apocalypse" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Tyranny of Dragons , be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. Great news. Maybe update this section though
this isn't a bug, more of a question. Is there a way to add this content to an existing game? Or do I need to create a new one?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ed - this is what I get for posting this before my coffeeeeeeee Scott - As this is a module, you will need to create a new game to access the content. 
Hey Trivia, I know this isn't exactly a bug thread comment, but I don't know where else to post this, sorry. I'm someone who has purchased all of your past D&D 5e content, and will be buying this shortly, so thank you for all your hard work to set these up! When Princes of the Apocalypse originally launched, it had the Elemental Evil player's companion which is available free online, and includes the new spells and the like. I know you included the new spells in player handouts for this adventure, but most people I know of, myself included, allow players to use the Elemental Evil spells in any D&D 5e games. Is there any chance we can get at the very least, the spells added to our GM compendium if we buy this adventure? It would really save a lot of time and hassle having to manually input the spells ourselves. I know that you all have said that you are working on adding the Player's Hand Book, which will update the compendium whenever it's done, but this is something I hoped might come with Princes of the Apocalypse. Thanks again
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Seth! Currently there is not a way to add in spells in to the compendium. For Princes, we made individual handouts for each spell (to easily give to players), and also added them in by hand to all the NPC's/creatures to cut down on as much GM prep as possible.  We are working on some new tools that will be really exciting that I can't speak to yet, but please know you are heard and we are working on it!
I'd just like to say I could see plenty of use for mixing modules if that ever becomes possible. I'm not in need of it at this particular moment, but it would be pretty useful if you wanted to run a generic FR sandbox. Storm King's Thunder for example has tons of location based adventures that could bleed over into anything in the area.
I'm certain that this is probably not the proper thread to pose this question about PotA, but I couldn't find another place to do so. On the Sacred Moon Hall map, I couldn't get the interface up on an enemy (the bugbears in particular) to mark them out upon death so I just drew an X over them using the drawing tool.  When the encounter was over, I 'cleared drawings' and it also deleted the three bugbears, two lycanthropes, and a few cultist members.  I'm not sure how many.  Any way to recover that map and its assets without rebuilding it from scratch?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Bob: This was the perfect place to post this! Some of the Rollable tokens were still marked "Is Drawing" on the map mistakenly. I'm putting in a patch for this so it doesn't happen in future games.  This may not restore the tokens to your game, as they were deleted when cleared. I will PM you a screenshot of the restored map so you can place those tokens in easily. When dragging in tokens from the Collections Tab, make sure to right click on them and unclick "Is Drawing" under the "Advanced" menu. 
Roll20 team is the best.  Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch 1.1 is Live! Scarlet Moon Hall Tokens for disguised NPCs will no longer be cleared as Drawings Tokens for Disguised Bugbear and Disguised Elemental Priest are now added to the Token Page for easy copy and paste
There seems to be an error when adding the module. It tells me it's adding Tomb of Annihilation. It adds Princes just fine, it's only the message that's in error. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nim - Thanks! Checking that out now
I got one for you i bought Tomb of Annihilation i loaded the moduel and when i launch the game it loads princes of the apocalypse i have not even bought princes of the apocalypse  
Nim said: There seems to be an error when adding the module. It tells me it's adding Tomb of Annihilation. It adds Princes just fine, it's only the message that's in error.  Hi Nim, Thanks for bringing this error to our attention!  The issue has been rectified now. Anyone who saw this issue when creating a game from the Princes of the Apocalypse module, please delete that game and create a new one.  Otherwise, your campaign will believe it is using the Tomb of Annihilation module for the purpose of future patches, which will naturally cause issues should you choose to accept that patch. (Plus you will miss out on future patches to this module). If you are unsure if you're affected, click the "Game Addons" section on the campaign details page and ensure it states the correct name for the module you have created (e.g. it should say "Princes of the Apocalypse" rather than "Tomb of Annihilation"). Jeff
When I open a character sheet in PotA, none of the attacks work.  It lists the damage they do in the content line but there is no attack roll or bonuses of any kind.  I have to open each character sheet and modify by clicking the "attack" button so that it then adds the modifiers and will allow you to make an attack roll.  Is there a way to fix that?  I REALLY don't want to have to do that to EACH sheet in the game.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Omegaman - I am not sure I understand your question. When you open a character sheet, you are unable to click the attacks? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you open a sheet?
(Very small Error) The Aboleth in the Plunging Torrents is missing the Multiattack Action on his sheet. The only thing I encountered so far. It's really great and well worth it's price. :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Daihatschi! I've made a note, and we are glad you're enjoying the module :)
Not sure if this was an error or minor oversight, but in two of the games I've made, I'm looking at the Temple of the Crushing Wave map there are no tokens to denote the location of areas on the map itself (Area C1, C2, C3 etc.) The handout has them all marked but so I can just use that as reference but it will take time scrolling up and down the handout during play. Other maps have these tokens visible so I just assumed it was something that wasn't noticed when trying to finish the module for the public.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Tea, I will look into that! They should be there.
In Chapter 6, Necromancer's Cave, Room L5, there should be dynamic lighting torches all along the walls of this huge room. 1) the boxed text describes them 2) it would be impossible to see the end of the room, which is described in the boxed text when entering the room, without them being there to light the far end 3) The human at his tool bench in the middle of the room would be in total darkness and blind. Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Bad DM! 
Hi guys I'm very sorry to ask such a noobish question, First time DM and I thought if I would start with a module for the party it would be easier for everyone :P My question is for the Macro page that came pre-loaded with the Module, specifically the encounter macros and the Table associated with it.  I know when to use the Macro's but how and when do I use the rollable tables?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Some are for random encounters, if you don't wish to use a Macro. Some are for shapeshifters, so the same token can have several images. I don't believe we had any special trap floors or anything like that in Princes, so that should be everything :)
Awesome and thank you for the quick reply.

Edited 1534759504
Edit: nevermind, i'm dumb and i did not read correctly the errata! I just bought this content and i found out that some of the official errata seems to not have been applied. For example:  Helvur Tarnlar, Clothier (p. 25). Maegla is a Turami human, rather than a Tethyrian one. If i look in the appropriate section ( 7. Helvur Tarnlar, Clothier  in Red Larch Locations ) i still see him described as Tethyrian. Is there any errata policy in place at all for the content we purchase? If not, this would undermine one of the main advantages of going digital. Please let us know something about this issue.
Hello! My question is regarding the purple worm tunnel that is supposed to be in the Temple of Howling Hatred map. It is missing on mine. Shows in the handout map. Any version of this module that I load has the same issue. Is there a way to fix this? I was hoping it was on the token page but alas, no luck. :(  Thank you
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Melissa, I also see it missing from area A20. This will be fixed in a later patch :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch Day! :) Princes of the Apocalypse Patch 1.2 Temple of Howling Hatred Added Petrified Worm marker to GM layer in area A20 Updated Spellcasters for OGL sheet 2.4
Hello, I just bought the module and wanted to know how i allow my players to create deep gnomes, genasi etc on the character mancer
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Ricardo - Currently the Player's Handbook and Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica are the only D&D products that are supported by the Charactermancer.
I can only echo Ricardo's sentiment. Having the content from the adventure and the Elemental Evil Player's Companion at least in the Compendium would be great.
On their character sheet, Feathergale Knights should be Challenge 1 (200 XP), not Challenge (0 XP)
Is it at least planned to get the info from the Elemental Evil Player's Companion into the compendium? Heck, I'd even pay  a few bucks for that. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
lady8jane - We are discussing the best way to integrate compendium content with module purchases - It's on the docket!