Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forum Posts Disappearing

I sometimes run into instances where I have topics posted and replies are made to them, but when I go to look all that shows is the first post of the topic. The thread will show replies have been made, numbers and time since made... but no actual posts will be in the thread.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Θ, is it possible that the posts were deleted by a mod? The Stupid Tricks folder recently had a number of posts culled. I believe that the way the forum works, they are still counted and exist, but do not display. Mostly, I just wanted to type your name, Θ :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've often worked up a reply to someone's post in distress, only to find they have deleted their own post while I was responding.  It happens.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you can supply a link to a known occurrence I can check for you... it is likely as Keith and Vince have suggested however.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Confirmed, the behaviour you are seeing is the result of someone posting (thereby creating a notification and a 'latest post' update) and then deleting their post (or having their post deleted by a passing mod for some violation). Hopefully this isn't happening too often for you but I can certainly understand the confusion it can cause. Thanks