Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text-Only Roll Button

Edited 1523075997
GM Matt
Sheet Author
I'm trying to create a text-only roll button similar to 5th Edition OGL. The ultimate idea will be for it to change colors when you hover over it. However, I'm having problems getting out of the gate on this one. I know I need to override the designation of the dicefontd20 font-family in the ::before pseudo-element, replacing it with Palatino. Thus I am trying: button::before { content: "" !important ; font-family: "Palatino" !important ; } But this isn't doing it.  In fact, I'm having trouble styling anything. For example: .charsheet button[type=roll].sheet-textbutton { font-size: 40px !important; } Along with...    <button type="roll" class="sheet-textbutton" name="possibility-roll" value="&{template:possibility} {{previousroll=?{PreviousRoll}}} {{newroll=[[?{PreviousRoll}+({1d20!10!!20cs10cs,10 + 0d0}kh1)]]}}" /> ...does absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something that is really simple here, but - as I mentioned in a previous post - my CSS skills are sorely lacking. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1523091372
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When in trouble, always use the inspect tool to see if your classes are applying. Copy-pasting your example into an empty sheet seems to work for me. There's a roll button, and its font size is 40px. Why do you want to override the font, but then set the content to empty? The font won't matter if the content is empty? Buttons are not self-closing elements. You should use "<button ATTRIBUTES>stuff</button>", not "<button ATTRIBUTES />". (Unimportant for the CSS, but: you want name="roll_ABILITYNAME" in order for %{charname|ABILITYNAME} to work). (Don't use !important unless absolutely necessary.)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To avoir using the dreaded "!important", set a class to your button and set the content for this class "button.sheet-mybuttonclass::before ... content:""'. You won't need !important.