Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Creating Text-Only Roll Buttons Using Repeating Fields

Edited 1523135841
GM Matt
Sheet Author
I am trying to create a set of text-only roll buttons on a character sheet. I have managed to do this where the name of the roll button is fixed: <button type="roll" class="skillbutton"name="roll_Dodge" value="&{template:skill} {{name=@{Dodge}}}...">Dodge</button> However, I can't figure out a way to do this in a repeating section. I have tried this: <button type="roll" class="skillbutton" name="roll_RepeatingSkill" value="&{template:skill} {{name=@{RepeatingSkillName}}}...">@{RepeatingSkillName}</button> The roll template correctly pulls the @{RepeatingSkillName} variable and displays it, but Roll20 interprets "<button...>@{RepeatingSkillName}</button>" as plain text rather than an attribute/variable. I've tried content=@{RepeatingSkillName} and a number of other things with no success. I also tried <button...><input... /></button>. This displayed the correct text, but not as a button. Is it possible to get the text of the button to display as a repeating variable?

Edited 1523136454
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<button ...><span name="attr_RepeatingSkillName"></span></button> ... if I understand you correctly.
Jakob said: <button ...><span name="attr_RepeatingSkillName"></span></button> ... if I understand you correctly. Yes! That did it. Thanks much, Jakob.