Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Token Pack is live! Human Ranged/Caster Male Heroes

Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since my last token pack but I was finally able to finish it! This one is clocking in at 70+ tokens; it includes light and dark skin variants for each and it covers ranged and caster classes such as Rangers, Wizards, Mages, Shamans, Bards and Clerics! It also includes mounted options as well as variants using torches and lamps to hopefully fit all your dungeon crawling needs! Here's the link: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/251/human-male-melee-heroes-2" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/251/human-male-melee-heroes-2</a> This is a complement to my last pack of Human Melee Male Heroes. My next packs will be human female heroes, same or similar designs to their male counterparts and then I'll move on to other races such as Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, etc. I'll ask for feedback once the time comes for those. As usual, your feedback (Positive and negative) is always welcome! Lastly and most importantly, I'd like to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of you that have purchased my token packs so far. I really hope you are enjoying them, a lot of time, work, love, and effort goes into making them and it's all worth it if it makes your Roll20 campaigns more enjoyable and memorable!
I like your art style but you need more variations and different poses for each class! Not the same poses for every class! Think of them as lead figures only on computer. If two people are using a fighter and they use your tokens it would really be hard to tell them apart!
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
These look great. I'd second what Brian says. And at first glance they seem a bit dark, but maybe its just on my screen. I'll have another look later.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the feedback! Brian This has been brought up before and I keep it in mind when working on a new pack, unfortunately in order to continue releasing packs of 20+ tokens (In this case 70+) and keep them at $4.99 I have to repeat the poses throughout the pack. I try to include as many weapon combinations for each class as I can in order for every player to find something that fits their play style. In order to do this however I have to repeat the poses throughout the weapon types. Kongrad This issue has also come up before; while they do look a little dark on the marketplace page, brightness is a relative thing and a very tricky one to get right. I always err on the side of "dark" when it comes to tokens because while they do tend to look dark against a bright background they are designed to be used on darker backgrounds since most parties spend their time in dark dungeons and inns! I would definitely welcome more feedback on this point from anyone who has purchased and used my tokens in their campaigns against different backdrops. Thanks again to both of you for your feedback; as always, I will try to answer and address all questions and comments!

Edited 1391545477
Hey Fernando, I'd just like to tell you that those are some of the most beautiful tokens I've ever seen from the top down perspective. Not just in the art, but in the presentation style of the angle and zoom. It's clear that you took care to make sure they'd fit nicely in a square grid space such as Roll20 uses. Sadly, the players in my campaign have a lot of trouble with 3d tokens because of the widely disparate nature of the quality, which can make it confusing for them to tell which is which (as a lot of 3d tokens is just the top of someone's head). And often, especially for 3d tokens made with poser, there'll be someone holding a sword or spear way off to the side which makes them look like a midget if snapped in place to a single square. What we usually end up doing is using 3d tokens for general background NPCs (like bartenders or random peasants) and conventional 2d tokens for enemies and players. But if every 3d token was designed the same way you designed yours, they'd definitely ditch the 2d tokens. Have you considered doing a sci-fi or a cyberpunk pack? I'm thinking more grimdark sci-fi than retro sci-fi.

Edited 1391552691
Jonathan S. said: Have you considered doing a sci-fi or a cyberpunk pack? I'm thinking more grimdark sci-fi than retro sci-fi. I would second this request. Right now there are less then a handful of modern and sci-fi token packs in the store and those of us who don't run medieval setting games have to make due with less then ideal tokens or try to somehow get the right keywords in the art search to have it google a portrait that might work. Take advantage of this under served nitch in the market.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wait.... finish all the fantasy classes, races, npcs, and the entire spectrum of monsters and gods.... and then help those sci-fi folks. But on a serious note.... Great pack and I will be down a few $ more.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Jonathan thank you very much for your compliments, they mean a lot! I love doing 2D tokens even though I've dabbled in 3D myself. 2D just has a certain charm that 3D has not yet been able to capture; plus every stroke I make is meaningful and straight from my hand to the asset. 2D is also much more befitting of fantasy than 3D which seems more suited for sci-fi stuff. Sci-Fi tokens have been requested before, in fact probably every time I post a new pack someone asks for one. I'm personally not interested in doing Sci-Fi at the moment, I'm a Fantasy guy and I find working on Fantasy assets much more fun than I do Sci-Fi. However, I am also a gamer and I know how frustrating it is to run a game with a bunch of random tokens instead of something more consistent like using them all from the same pack. So if it helps fellow gamers with their campaigns I might bite the bullet and do one. I'm not promising anything, but if I were to make a Sci-Fi pack what sort of tokens would you and cursingbulldog be looking for? I don't play any sci-fi games so it's a lot harder for me to come up with ideas for that pack and I might as well cater it towards the people asking for it if I am going to do it. What I'm looking for is races, classes, etc. Are you looking for all humans? Some humanoid aliens? Could I reuse some of the human bodies and just add alien looking heads? What sort of classes and weapons do you think people are interested in? What style of sci-fi? Grounded Star Trek type stuff? Over the top Star Wars like ones or something in between like Mass Effect?
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Stephen S. said: Wait.... finish all the fantasy classes, races, npcs, and the entire spectrum of monsters and gods.... and then help those sci-fi folks. But on a serious note.... Great pack and I will be down a few $ more. Thank you Stephen ! I really appreciate your support! I'm a fantasy guy through and through, it's my passion and what I love drawing; however if I can help some fellow gamers with something they need so badly I might have to do a sci-fi pack to help them out. No promises though, I need to do a little market research and factoring in a lot of other stuff before I decide to do a sci-fi one.
Another great pack! I've purchased your orcs and goblins and your fantasy melee characters. If at all possible, would you consider doing a pack of creatures? I'd love to see some unique creature designs from you such as different colored dragons based more or less on the Pathfinder or D&D dragon types with something similar to their iconic looks... Oh, and of course lizard/dragonfolk. That would be awesome. Thank you for all the hard work, Fernando.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thank you Ridrith for your compliments and your support! A dragon kin pack does sound like a lot of fun! Maybe after I do the female heroes ones I can tackle that one!

Edited 1391622287
Fernando D. said: Jonathan thank you very much for your compliments, they mean a lot! I love doing 2D tokens even though I've dabbled in 3D myself. 2D just has a certain charm that 3D has not yet been able to capture; plus every stroke I make is meaningful and straight from my hand to the asset. 2D is also much more befitting of fantasy than 3D which seems more suited for sci-fi stuff. Sci-Fi tokens have been requested before, in fact probably every time I post a new pack someone asks for one. I'm personally not interested in doing Sci-Fi at the moment, I'm a Fantasy guy and I find working on Fantasy assets much more fun than I do Sci-Fi. However, I am also a gamer and I know how frustrating it is to run a game with a bunch of random tokens instead of something more consistent like using them all from the same pack. So if it helps fellow gamers with their campaigns I might bite the bullet and do one. I'm not promising anything, but if I were to make a Sci-Fi pack what sort of tokens would you and cursingbulldog be looking for? I don't play any sci-fi games so it's a lot harder for me to come up with ideas for that pack and I might as well cater it towards the people asking for it if I am going to do it. What I'm looking for is races, classes, etc. Are you looking for all humans? Some humanoid aliens? Could I reuse some of the human bodies and just add alien looking heads? What sort of classes and weapons do you think people are interested in? What style of sci-fi? Grounded Star Trek type stuff? Over the top Star Wars like ones or something in between like Mass Effect? I run savage worlds which is a classless system so I can't help you much there but I would think the scientist type, military types in dress uniforms, mechs and space suit outfits. I would think you could easily reuse the bodies and replace the heads, maybe change out the legs for multi-legged races. If you got ahold of the new savage worlds sci-fi companion it has a pretty decent list and descriptions of some typical races along with a gear list. <a href="https://www.peginc.com/store/science-fiction-companion-pdf/" rel="nofollow">https://www.peginc.com/store/science-fiction-companion-pdf/</a> I'm currently running Deadlands Noir so tokens in suits with tommy guns and the like that could be used as gangsters, politicians and detectives would also be good and probably pretty adapatable to any modern setting.