Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Masks 34 [Prep]

Edited 1523292261
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
ROUGH order of when things need to happen to make chronological sense: 1a. Mercury and Concord go rooting around in Silver Streak's head. 1b. Ghost Girl and Lucius get back to Has Beans and have a bit of a post-craziness chat, which is likely to be interrupted. 2. We determine (probably after an Assess the Sitch) the order of things Leo's going to do, but we don't quite jump into that completely. 3. Informed by 2, we catch Alycia, Mercury, Ghost Girl, and Concord up, either through comms or via the evidence of their senses. 4. ??? 5. Profit!
I was hoping that there was going to be a time crunch when it came to the Silver Streak scene.  "We've one good shot at this" and "We're Needed to Help with Leo's Dad" seem like nice stakes for the scene.  (Yes, I purposely left out "can we even do it"  as a stake, because that never seems to be a particularly interesting one in PbtA games.)
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: I was hoping that there was going to be a time crunch when it came to the Silver Streak scene.  "We've one good shot at this" and "We're Needed to Help with Leo's Dad" seem like nice stakes for the scene.  (Yes, I purposely left out "can we even do it"  as a stake, because that never seems to be a particularly interesting one in PbtA games.) Agreed! I think this is going to be good stuff.

Edited 1523300437
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
All of that sounds good. Some further notes on what Leo could (and couldn't) know: Rossum had multiple "tiers" of robot - starting with the cheap shoddy ones you sell to starter villains, the ones that break when you punch them once, or flail if you splash paint in their camera lens. This is deliberate. If your bots break, Rossum still has your money, and now you need to buy more robots. Can we interest you in the next tier up? By analogy, think of the Star Wars Trade Federation droids, from comic-relief scarecrows to nigh invulnerable tanks to the truly terrifying commando droids. Operation SNOWMAN went off somewhere in the 2016 time frame. Following that, Leo was asked to help analyze his dad's creations for AEGIS, on the grounds that he was probably familiar with them. He should be familiar with how Rossum-type robots work from that time period. Rossum may or may not have innovated since then. Probably not in jail, but if his clone is fully capable, then sure. Rook may have added features of their own (or done things that somehow make the robots WORSE - "I had a guaranteed military sale with ED-209. Renovation program. Spare parts for 25 years. Who cares if it worked or not?") Would Rossum have nerfed his own clone's mind? Could he? Maybe. On the one hand, Leo deep down thinks of people as people and the whole idea of making a copy of yourself deliberately inferior is alien to him. On the other hand, he's stated that he doesn't think supervillains (including his dad) would create rivals for themselves, and a fully cognizant clone (with a self-preservation instinct to match) would be. So he'd accept either alternative. So basically there's room for a ton of scenarios, and Leo will find ways to make sense out of most of them, and the bots can be individually as weak or as dangerous as makes sense at the time. Leo will assume some kind of central command-and-control thing and try to focus his questions around that. Looking at Assess questions, here's what we have: (EDIT) all of this is just my assumptions and early expectations for what I'd learn what here can I use to ________? ...shut down the robots? ...figure out where clone!Rossum is kept? (though I think a teamup of Ghost Girl and Charade would be marvelously effective here) what here is the biggest threat? seems kind of obvious... what here is in the greatest danger? (#2) where are the bots going? what are they doing? (-> get there first, evacuate anyone who's there, whatever) Leo assumes they'll be on the way to secure Rossum first, but maybe not? who here is most vulnerable to me? I assume Rosa Rook by default, once she realizes she got played - I don't need the +1 forward with her either, I have another one a neat answer would be "Rossum, once he hears you say 'I love you dad'", but I'm not counting on sentiment interfering with his plan how could we best end this quickly? (#1) there's probably a black box that controls the bots (-> figure out where it is -> get to it) forcing either Rossum to give orders will shut them down (-> obtain Rossum -> persuade him to abandon this madness -> or just turn him over to Alycia) there's a programmed vulnerability or backdoor Rook engineers included (-> convince Rosa Rook to play ball -> broadcast the signal while holding off sudden bot attack)
forcing either Rossum to give orders will shut them down (-> obtain Rossum -> persuade him to abandon this madness -> or just turn him over to Alycia) Alycia twirls the alloy/carbon-fiber Escrima sticks in her hands and smiles. "Did I ever mention how I was a drummer in a band? Ultra-violent Eurometal warehouse gig sort of thing. Let me share with you my prize-winning solo ..."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Leo: *looks crestfallen* Alycia: "this was your idea, what's the problem?" Aria: "he wanted to start a band with the team."