Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] OGL 5e (maybe other sheets, too) -- How may sheet *user* add attribute-values as variables in text-boxes or other fields?

For example, I might want to say in one of the Bio section text boxes:  "This character is a level 5 rogue."  But I want the stated level to change automatically when the characters level advances in the main level field. So, I would like to do something like:  "This character is a level @{base_level} rogue."  Enclosing the variables in parens or brackets doesn't seem to work.  I was unable to find anything addressing this question in the documentation -- if it is there, please forgive :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Try @{Charactername|base_level}
Attributes will only be calculated when they are placed in the chat. So you could use the Features & Traits section of the OGL character sheet to put this information, but the text will only ever be displayed as, "This character is a level @{base_level} rogue." unless you click the chat button to send the trait to the chat window.
Thank you.   I will post this to the "enhancement" requests forum.  I think there would be many uses for this (Any sort of Dice pool that is level dependent, for example, where the max Dice is level dependent and tracked on a character sheet).